New Owner in STL - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 02-10-2013, 02:55 AM   #1

My Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Crosstrek
Default New Owner in STL

Just drove home my new silver Subaru Crosstrek Premium!
While it took a little over 3 hours at the dealership (understaffed) I'm stoked to finally be driving a Subaru.
My first car was an '87 Subaru GL-10 Wagon, and while the Corollas I've driven in-between those long years have been solid, it feels great to be back in the "family."

Some details:
Paid $500 under sticker price, lucky to find it on the lot, and the dealership matched my credit union's low 1.9 APR.
It's also my first AWD car, so I'm looking forward to not slipping and sliding in rain/snow.
Looking fwd to chatting it up about what the Crosstrek can do!

eammon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 03:08 AM   #2

My Vehicle: 2013 crosstrek limited desert khaki 2011 legacy 2.5i premium ruby red pearl
Default Re: New Owner in STL

Congrats on your new XV We picked ours up last night...had one order since jan 2. I just posted pics of mine in the newbie intros under "waiting on our new crosstrek to be made/delivered" We went with desert khaki limited. We are loving our XV

Lovin' our Crosstrek 8)
tmorgan66030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #3

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX

Welcome, eammon, thank you for signing up here at our ever-growing community.

The silver is an amazing color for the Crosstrek and you should be sure to post pictures if you can. If you have problems uploading them directly to our site, use a service like imgur.com to upload to, then just link them.

Congrats on the purchase!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 07:49 AM   #4
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by eammon
Just drove home my new silver Subaru Crosstrek Premium!
While it took a little over 3 hours at the dealership (understaffed) I'm stoked to finally be driving a Subaru.
My first car was an '87 Subaru GL-10 Wagon, and while the Corollas I've driven in-between those long years have been solid, it feels great to be back in the "family."

Some details:
Paid $500 under sticker price, lucky to find it on the lot, and the dealership matched my credit union's low 1.9 APR.
It's also my first AWD car, so I'm looking forward to not slipping and sliding in rain/snow.
Looking fwd to chatting it up about what the Crosstrek can do!
OK, I know this is out of the blue, but this triggered some painful memories for me...

If you're always on your maintenance, you shouldn't worry. But AWD vehicles NEED to have the tire pressures and wear meticulously monitored. (The TPMS is NOT a substitute for a tire pressure check!)

I learned the hard way that three things for those who have not owned AWD vehicles NEED to keep in mind:
* tire pressures are CRUCIAL! keep tabs on their pressures and make sure to follow proper procedure for checking them
* tire wear is crucial as it could point out an issue with alignment
* if the alignment of the suspension isn't correct, it could lead to uneven tire wear
* do NOT have these vehicles towed on two wheels

I learned the top 3 the HARD way (by being very negligent) and well.. AWD system and differentials don't exactly do their jobs well anymore.

Sorry for the awkward and random comment, but welcome to the board!
Old 02-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #5

My Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Crosstrek

AWDfreak - Thanks for the tips!
I'm definitely someone who's on-top of maintenance and eyeballing the tires, as I want my car to last a decade 8)

Also glad it's engrained in my mind to never-ever have the car towed on two-wheels.
eammon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:20 AM   #6

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX

Very good call, AWDfreak. This is my third AWD car so it doesn't even cross my mind anymore, but it is definitely a good reminder for myself, as well as a heads up to new owners.