New Subaru owner. New Crosstrek owner. - Page 2 - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 12-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #11

Default Re: New Subaru owner. New Crosstrek owner.

welcome, congrats on the crosstrek. it is disconcerting to hear about all the bad experiences with subaru dealerships. i wonder if there are enough people with bad experiences to raise a fuss with subaru of america?

either way, nice car and glad you saw through the dealer BS and got what you wanted!

CouchPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #12

My Vehicle: XV Crosstrek Premium

Well. I like to consider myself a man of action. I thought it might just be the dealerships around me, but it's starting to sound like an across the board thing. Perhaps if I continue to hear these things, I'll write up some kind of signable petition and send it the way of Subaru. I don't have nearly the breadth of experience as many older Subaru owners, though, so I'll reserve judgement in entirety for the time being.

Errant Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #13

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errant
Well. I like to consider myself a man of action. I thought it might just be the dealerships around me, but it's starting to sound like an across the board thing. Perhaps if I continue to hear these things, I'll write up some kind of signable petition and send it the way of Subaru. I don't have nearly the breadth of experience as many older Subaru owners, though, so I'll reserve judgement in entirety for the time being.

The Crosstrek is my third Subaru, but it's the only one I purchased at a Subaru dealer so that is my only experience with them. I'll be interested to hear other peoples' experiences with them as they buy the Crosstrek.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 06:12 PM   #14

My Vehicle: White Pearl XV Crosstrek Touring Model with 5 speed.

I'm in Canada. The dealership I dealt with was awful. If I hadn't had to drive 1 1/2 hours to the next one I would have left. From the sound of it it probably would have been no different.

My main complaint was that the whole atmosphere was unfriendly.
Salesperson didn't know much about the Crosstrek
Sales manager who popped in and out of the sales person's office never even acknowledged us. Not a hello, nothing.
When we finally went in to see the business manager he then told us about another $350 admin charge. First we heard of it. I just refused to pay it and said we would leave and get something else. The $350 was scratched out.
When we went to pick up the car the next day it wasn't ready even though I phoned ahead and was told it was. We ended up waiting around for over an hour and a half.
It was a litany of really bad customer service and PR.
I was actually stunned it was so awful.
Got One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #15

My Vehicle: XV Crosstrek Premium

Well, I will add one ray of light. The dealership I purchased mine from in Burlington, North Carolina, was great. It was small, run down looking, and the people who worked there were odd, but the service was professional, the price was great, and they posted the ACTUAL current selling price online, so I didn't have to dither around from a higher starting point. The dealership gets good reviews by others, too, with a 26/30 on Google. So, while I ran into many horrible ones, I did find one good one.
Errant Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:29 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got
Salesperson didn't know much about the Crosstrek
I ran into this problem, too. The first time I went to check it out (a week before I bought it), I spoke to a different salesman who didn't know a thing about the Crosstrek but tried to sell it like he did. Now, I may know more than is normal about the car but he is the salesman for crying out loud!

When I went back a week later I had a different salesman who was a bit more knowledgeable and at least honest about the things he didn't know.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #17

My Vehicle: 13 XV Crosstrek Prem - Desert Khaki

New owner of a Desert Khaki 2013 Crosstrek in NY. My wife's new car and she loves it.

I would post pics but I can't post links... :'(
jms493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms493
New owner of a Desert Khaki 2013 Crosstrek in NY. My wife's new car and she loves it.

I would post pics but I can't post links... :'(
You can upload your pictures as an attachment by clicking 'Attachments and other options' underneath the reply box (not quick reply).

I do recommend starting a new thread with the pics, though, as to not have the images get lost in someone else's thread.

The link limit is a spam-prevention method, I know it can be annoying but it is the best option we have right now. However, it only takes 5 posts to be able to post links.

Oh, and congratulations on the new Crosstrek!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:47 PM   #19

My Vehicle: White Pearl XV Crosstrek Touring Model with 5 speed.

Congratulations. The Desert Khaki is a great colour.
Got One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #20

My Vehicle: '13 Outback 3.6R Limited

First welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase! I believe, that dealerships want to milk the customer for every penny they can get when a new model comes out. When my dad was shopping for his Crosstrek the sales manager at the first dealership said he would not budge from MSRP because its a new model. My dads reply was, "Your crazy, I never pay MSRP for any car". LOL!!
Her's '16 XV Crosstrek premium with moonroof and popular package #2.
catric69 is offline   Reply With Quote