New Subaru owner. New Crosstrek owner. - Page 4 - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 02-17-2013, 05:19 AM   #31

My Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Crosstrek Silver
Default Re: New Subaru owner. New Crosstrek owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errant
So, I've been driving a Honda CR-V for ages, one of the original models. At 180,000, it was time for it to go. I've been in the market for a car for a good while now, maybe around a month, actively searching. I looked at the Ford Escape, the Nissan Juke and Rogue, the Outlander Sport, and what feels like a half dozen other small SUV's. None of them could really match the combination of ground clearance, style, and miles per gallon that the Crosstrek did, save for perhaps the Escape. I had my sights fixed on a Crosstrek since about a week into my research. The full time/active AWD drew me to it; it was the only AWD that didn't get horrid mileage while engaged, or that didn't turn on AFTER you might need that initial traction.

I ran into some major snags, though. When I went to inquire at the dealership, they didn't have one. A quick trip to nearby dealerships resulted in my running into a few dealers who had them, but wanted me to pay MSRP for them. At 2200 off invoice for the Ford Escape, that 3 MPG boost was starting to look smaller and smaller. I'd say that my dealings with Subaru dealers have been among the most unpleasant experiences in the past few years, in fact. While I understand making a profit, I've always felt that it should be balanced by a genuine wish to gain a following for the brand you sell. Anyways, enough of that rant.

Today I found a Crosstrek Premium for just under 200 less than invoice. I just put my 500 holding down on it, and as of this Friday at around 10:30 AM, I'll be a first time Subaru owner, and a first time Crosstrek owner. I have the feeling I'm going to have fun with this eclectic little vehicle.
Welcome to the wonderful world of Subies and the forum.

spyder720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #32

My Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Crosstrek Limited

I purchased my XV last Friday and had the a few add-ons (sports grille, upgraded speakers on tweeters) on my dark grey limited installed in time for a 4pm pickup the next day. I had a really pleasant experience at my local dealership here in Dallas. What also helped me was going through the Costco Auto Program. The participating dealerships already have prearranged pricing and are held to a "no nonsense" standard when it comes to customer service. I was able to get $500 off MSRP through this program. The dealership was notified through the Costco website which vehicle I was interested in. I had already done my homework and knew the XV was for me. I was called within the hour asking when I wanted to come by for a test drive and was also sent the sticker price along with the Costco discount invoice via email. I was also able to save 15% on the add-ons.

I know most of the members here already have their XVs but for the members who haven't yet gotten their XVs, I HIGHLY recommend going the Costco route.
willamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #33

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by willamite
I purchased my XV last Friday and had the a few add-ons (sports grille, upgraded speakers on tweeters) on my dark grey limited installed in time for a 4pm pickup the next day. I had a really pleasant experience at my local dealership here in Dallas. What also helped me was going through the Costco Auto Program. The participating dealerships already have prearranged pricing and are held to a "no nonsense" standard when it comes to customer service. I was able to get $500 off MSRP through this program. The dealership was notified through the Costco website which vehicle I was interested in. I had already done my homework and knew the XV was for me. I was called within the hour asking when I wanted to come by for a test drive and was also sent the sticker price along with the Costco discount invoice via email. I was also able to save 15% on the add-ons.

I know most of the members here already have their XVs but for the members who haven't yet gotten their XVs, I HIGHLY recommend going the Costco route.
First off, welcome! For more exposure, we highly encourage that you post your own, new thread in Newbie Intros, even if it's everything you just said here.

As for the Costco program, I was interested in trying it when I bought my XV, but ended up getting the deal I wanted regardless so I didn't even bother. That said, I did read a lot of mixed reviews on the program; some people raving about it (like you) and some people saying it was a terrible experience. What I could gather is that it varied a lot between dealerships.