New XV in Upstate, NY - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 10-22-2015, 05:24 AM   #1

My Vehicle: 15 XV 2.0i Premium 5MT Venetian Red
Default New XV in Upstate, NY

Hello everyone, just picked up my 15 XV Crosstrek Premium 5MT in Venetian Red on Saturday. Wasn't my first color choice, but was in my top three. Pickings were somewhat slim and wanted to avoid awaiting the allocation game and time for a factory order. Drove almost two hours into CT for the right deal. One of the best car buying experiences ever. Prior to my XV, my last three vehicles have been Jeeps. I test drove the XV last year before buying my last Jeep, but stayed with Jeep. However, with over 110 mile commute daily, I needed better fuel economy. I've loved the XV since they hit the market and finally took the plunge.

So far I love my XV. I am a bit concerned about NY winter driving and am considering snow/winter tires.

Would love to add HID lighting and a NAV head unit. Any suggestions on a NAV head unit? Is the wiring in place in the Premium to accommodate the oem NAV/Sattelite radio head unit?

Ordered RealTree X-Tra Camo design Wet Okole neoprene seat covers to protect the ivory interior from food, drink and the paws of three dogs. Weathertech floor liners will be on the way as well. Next on the list are front window tint, window vent guards and a hood protector/bug deflector...

Love the forum so far and looking forward to being an active participant.

K

kmcq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2015, 01:06 PM   #2

Welcome to the club!

Winter tires will make a measurable difference in snow and ice and you'll be very pleased with the result. There are many out there and they're all good. My personal preference is the Michelin XIce X3 as they have an actual mileage warranty of 40,000 miles (note; they are not meant for year-round use). I have a set of four for sale but alas, I live on the left coast.

I added HID lighting to my low beams and they made a huge difference in visability improvement. Just needed to adjust the light pattern downward slightly to avoid blinding oncoming traffic. Another lighting improvement would be to upgrade the weak fogs. LEDs would be my choice and you can find some good ones at Diode Dynamics.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:31 PM   #3
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Welcome to the club!

110 mile commute?! If that's the one-way commute, I finally know someone who does what I do!

The stock tires do fine for light off-road and normal commuting, but it would be best to get dedicated winter tires when the snow piles on.

As for HID lights, I would recommend considering the Canadian-spec XV Crosstrek headlights though it may take your vehicle out of FMVSS 108.
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2015, 05:44 PM   #4

My Vehicle: 2018 crosstrek 6 speed

Welcome to the Club. I also live in NY.I live on the Canadian border,Massena. I have a 2014 black crosstrek w/5sd and i love it. I will tell you that this car is fantastic in the winter with factory tires. i have not been stuck and have been in some pretty deep snow and one time some fairley deep mud.This is the best car i have ever owed .I hope you enjoy your car as much as i do.
Chris Fredericks
cjfred03 is offline   Reply With Quote