Newbie looking for more horsepower. - Page 2 - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 09-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #11

Default Re: Newbie looking for more horsepower.

Xv = no horsepower

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Rmaligie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #12

My Vehicle: 2013 XV Limited- Ice Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Tom
You are on a Crosstrek forum so we are little bias ;D. To address your concerns power should be more than adequate for what you describe. If owners complain about lack of torque or hp I feel either they didn't test drive a Crosstrek long enough or have unrealistic expectations. The Crosstrek was designed to have have the best fuel economy in its class. The 2.0 liter engine was downsized from 2.5 liters in the previous generation Impreza line to address better gas milage. It was never advertised as a WRX replacement. I have have no problem staying up with traffic or merging.
Completely agree with GT Tom here. The XV was never built to be a street-speeder. Like most here, I have no problems keeping up in traffic, merging on the highway and even zipping around in the passing lane if needed. The XV is an SUV... technically a CUV. Go compare its gas mileage to other SUV/CUVs and see what they come up with. At my current 34 miles/gallon, I have no problems with the trade-off of "more power" for "more gas". I'm long past the "4 blocks to the gallon" type of car. :-)
I agree. I'm more concerned about the gas mileage and AWD ability than the horsepower. Coming from a car that had 260+ bhp I notice every time driving that it lacks the power. But to me it wasn't the purpose of buying the car. If you want a powerful car than the XV isn't for you. Or you can buy the $5000 supercharger kit for it...
Gachrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:11 AM   #13

My Vehicle: 2013 Premium Dark Grey

Keep in mind, it's a light vehicle. Though it's no speedster, it's not bad. You'll be able to overtake vehicles on the highway. From a stop light, press the pedal and you can be ahead of the traffic next to you. It's more about how you drive. When driving a higher horsepower car, how often do you really use it all? Just a waste of MPG. Any way, I was concerned as well, test drove it, and thought it was good enough.

Re changes, when auto manufacturers do major reboots they tend to do spring releases, otherwise in the fall. Plus it was new for the 2013 year. Should not be any major changes.
VariousPositions is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2013, 04:14 AM   #14

Depending on what type of power you want, you could always install a wee nitrous system. Tap it when you want to pass and zoom! It won't affect fuel economy and can be easily removed when it comes time to smog. Keep the system small and you won't burn anything up. Cheap horsepower when you need it.
Squenz is offline   Reply With Quote