Newbie to Subie from Cleveland, Ohio! - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 04-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #1

My Vehicle: 2013 Crosstrek Limited in Ice Silver Metallic
Default Newbie to Subie from Cleveland, Ohio!

Hi All!

My name is Amy and I live in Cleveland Ohio. LOVE LOVE LOVE this site as you are all a wealth of information.
I've had my new crosstrek now for 3 weeks and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE it! I got the Ice Silver Metallic Limited with navigation and moonroof. I'm still learning the navigation system (I'm not tech savvy) I took a small road trip last weekend and used it and thought it worked just as well as my Garmin or my phone. I had to manually punch in the address, the voice command was getting confused. I've already put 1100 miles on her, such a comfy ride! I've been hoping for snow so I can test out the AWD but it hasn't snowed. Guess I'll have to wait till next winter.

My only problem so far is my Bluetooth. I have a Droid 4 and my salesman at the dealer downloaded my phone, then the phone required updates, I did the updates and now the phone won't connect properly. It keeps trying to "pair". (Again not tech savvy so I don't know what that means). If I don't manually pair it by keep pushing "pair", it will keep beeping trying to connect and it's driving me crazy!

I've learned so much from this site from all of you. I'm definately going to order the weathertech mats. I have the all weather mats from Subaru, but the weathertech look far superior. Thanks to whomever posted those awesome pictures in another thread. Thanks again everyone for all of your help and great tips! Amy

Newbie2subie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2013 Crosstrek, Black 5 sp.
Default Re: Newbie to Subie from Cleveland, Ohio!

Welcome to the site Amy! I've noticed a few other Buckeyes from NE Ohio have joined recently so maybe you'll see them out on the road if you get the ClubCrosstrek decals. I bet you're in the minority of those looking for more snow up that way no?! I grew up outside Youngstown so I know how quickly it can pile up. I hope you get a few inches so you can Enjoy!
Old 04-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #3

My Vehicle: 2013 Limited Tangerine

Welcome Amy, you're right, this forum is a huge wealth of information! We must have similar driving habits- I've had mine just a bit longer than you with just a few more miles than you!

As for your bluetooth problem, have you tried a factory reset? It could be a pain, but you could back as much up to your SD as possible before the wipe.
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubySu
Welcome to the site Amy! I've noticed a few other Buckeyes from NE Ohio have joined recently so maybe you'll see them out on the road if you get the ClubCrosstrek decals. I bet you're in the minority of those looking for more snow up that way no?! I grew up outside Youngstown so I know how quickly it can pile up. I hope you get a few inches so you can Enjoy!

Thanks for the warm welcome! Suprisingly I have not seen very many Crosstreks on the road at all! The dealers are selling them like hotcakes, but I never see them. My old car was a Kia Soul, I got it early when it came out, now they are a dime a dozen on the road.

I'm definately in the minority hoping for snow! I hate it myself but I'm anxious to test the AWD. It has snowed but not sticking on the roads. Plus the snow plows do a great job in Cleveland to make sure our roads are clear. Being from Youngstown I'm sure you know all too well!
Old 04-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexAlejan
Welcome Amy, you're right, this forum is a huge wealth of information! We must have similar driving habits- I've had mine just a bit longer than you with just a few more miles than you!

As for your bluetooth problem, have you tried a factory reset? It could be a pain, but you could back as much up to your SD as possible before the wipe.
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm not sure what a factory reset is? Would that mean delete everything and start over? I was thinking of just going back to the dealer and letting my salesman fix it for me. I can pair it manually but that will get old over time.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #6

My Vehicle: XV Crosstrek 2013 Tangerine Orange Pearl

Hi, I'm from Cleveland too! Welcome!
NemoXV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoXV
Hi, I'm from Cleveland too! Welcome!
Awesome!!, Where in Cleveland are you? I'm actually in Sagamore Hills, about half way from Cleveland to Akron. Grew up on the east side in South Euclid and Mayfield. Have you seen many Crosstreks on the road? I have not, only a couple. I see you have the tangerine orange. How fun. I loved the white but was too nervous with a tan interior. I have a dog and was afraid it would get too dirty. So I opted for the silver and I really love it.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #8

My Vehicle: 2013 Limited Tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie2subie
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm not sure what a factory reset is? Would that mean delete everything and start over? I was thinking of just going back to the dealer and letting my salesman fix it for me. I can pair it manually but that will get old over time.
Yep, it would be wiping your phone back to a (allegedly) pure droid OS. Its a simple way to try and fix an issue with a phone setting (which this probably is). I might be able to fix it in person, but poking around a phones settings over the internet is kinda hard haha.

If you can get your dealer to fix it, great!
Old 04-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #9

My Vehicle: 2013 Silver Crosstrek Limited w/NAV

Hi Everyone,
I am having the same issue with my Droid 4 every time I get in the car I have to select pair and I also do not get the text messages through the head unit,
Any help would be appreciated, I am going back to the dealer in a week or so to get all the goodies installed I can see what they say.
1VFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:19 AM   #10

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX

Wow, I read this thread before and could have SWORN I responded to it, but apparently I didn't. So, welcome, Amy! We would love to see some pics of your Crosstrek if you get a chance.

As for your phone, I would try removing the car from your phone completely and re-adding it. Maybe have a friend or your dealer give you a hand, I am sure they would be more than willing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1VFR
Hi Everyone,
I am having the same issue with my Droid 4 every time I get in the car I have to select pair and I also do not get the text messages through the head unit,
Any help would be appreciated, I am going back to the dealer in a week or so to get all the goodies installed I can see what they say.
Interesting. I have had two Android phones connected to my car without problem. I would post a new thread to the Audio/Navigation sub-forum for more help so we don't derail Amy's introduction thread.

Thanks!