Ordered my 2014 Crosstrek. Now the wait begins! - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 09-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
Wes

My Vehicle: 2014 Premium 5MT Tangerine Orange
Default Ordered my 2014 Crosstrek. Now the wait begins!

Hi all,

First off, I'm very happy to have found a forum like this, with so many great, intelligent, and helpful people. It's comforting to know that I can approach you guys for information and assistance whenever I may need it.

A couple of weeks ago, I ordered a 2014 XV Crosstrek Premium. I wanted a 5-speed, in Tangerine Orange, and they weren't able to locate a 2013 for me, so they said they would order a 2014. I'm excited for it to get here, but I was curious if anyone knew when I could expect it to arrive? My salesman told me 6-8 weeks, but had no update for me when I talked to him a couple of days ago.

I wasn't terribly excited on the trade-in price they offered me for my previous car, so I figured I would at least have 6-8 weeks to try and sell it Well wouldn't you know, I sold the car in less than a week, and am now borrowing cars from family members until the Crosstrek arrives. Just a minor inconvenience, but you can understand why I'm curious as to any information I can get on the expected arrivals of the 2014's.

Besides that, I'm happy to be here, and I'm already thinking about the fun I'll have in the Crosstrek (I do a lot of camping), and the "mods" I would like to do to it (LED interior lights, upgraded speakers, etc.). I look forward to interacting with all of you!

Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #2

My Vehicle: XV Limited Khaki
Default Re: Ordered my 2014 Crosstrek. Now the wait begins!

Welcome, I'm sure it will be an incredibly long wait especially while borrowing cars. Please post up pictures when you get it as I'm sure everyone (including me) will want to know about any unannounced differences in the 2014's. I was going to have to order as well but my salesman came through and found what I wanted 130 miles away.
44Dan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:49 PM   #3

My Vehicle: 13 Crosstrek Premium CVT DGM

I too special ordered mine and it was built in Japan. My13 order was placed 2/16/13 and arrived at the dealer 5/24/13. Your six to eight week claim by your dealer sounds a bit optimistic. My dealer called me 3 days after my order was accepted by Subaru and gave me a target delivery date in early June.

I suggest you have a conversation with your dealer in the next day or two. Keep your Bullshit detector handy when talking to him. LOL
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2013, 01:00 AM   #4

My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosstrek - Desert Khaki - 5MT Premium

Gotta second wingnut on this. It may be that your dealer is giving you the default time frame before he realizes how long it's actually going to take.

Short version of my experience was I was told 6-8 weeks. 5-6 weeks later my salesman calls me up and says he has a more definite delivery window of two months later, for a total of 13-18 weeks (or something like that). Long story short, it was much quicker for me to have them look for a dealer trade (which ended up being from farther away than they would have ever bothered normally) and put the next unclaimed XV due them in my name to seal the trade.

Hopefully your experience is better, but definitely stay on them to get a more definite arrival date from the factory/harbor/whatever and keep the dealer trade in your back pocket in case.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #5
Wes

Thanks for the heads-up guys. I'll make sure to contact my salesman, and see if he can provide me with some more specific info. The "dealer trade" idea sounds like a good option as well, especially if the time frame starts to get extended past the 6-8 week estimate.

Come to think of it, my previous car (not a Subaru) I had to order as well, and I think it took about 3 months to arrive...

If it does take several weeks more than what the salesman estimated, I wonder if I can get them to toss in some extra dealer options
Old 09-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #6

My Vehicle: 2013 XV - Tangerine dream

Welcome WES!!!! I was in your situation exactly except I simply rode my motorcycle the entire time with no car. I wouldn't hold your breath on the 6-8 weeks time frame. I found that the new Subaru's don't hit the lots till October on the east coast.

You can search Subaru's website for your model at different dealers. If your willing to go get it. If so you can simply cancel your order and buy one at another dealer. This is what I ended up doing.

Simply select a dealer in your general mileage range and you can look at their inventory. Call them up about the model and decide what to do.
http://www.subaru.com/vehicles/xv-crosstrek/index.html

Here is the topic we all talked about:
http://clubcrosstrek.com/index.php/t...8.html#msg4288

Good luck and welcome!!!!

Old 11-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #7
Wes

Well, it's been almost 10 weeks, and still no news on when my Crosstrek will arrive. However, I did find almost the exact model of my car at a dealership about 40 miles away. It is a Tangerine, Premium, with the 5MT. It has a couple of more/different accessories than what I ordered (this one has some cargo nets, and the rear-view mirror without the Homelink feature), but besides that, everything is the same.

I called my salesman to see if he could arrange a dealer trade, and got the standard "I'll see what I can do" response. He didn't seem too eager to try and work something out, and told me that he expects my car to arrive shortly. I had him check on the status of it again, and he still didn't have any news for me. According to him, they can't track the car until it arrives in the port in the US.

When I asked him how long it would take for him to find out what they could do in regards to a trade, he said next Wednesday at the earliest. I told him that I didn't understand why it would take almost a week to call another dealer and try to arrange a trade, and he went on about how busy Fridays and Saturdays are, and how he doesn't work on Tuesdays, so that is why he didn't expect to know anything until Wednesday. I told him that it would be pretty easy for me to drive out there myself, and that seemed to get him to admit that he'd find out something as soon as he could.

I'd like to stick with the dealership I've been working with, as it's less than 10 minutes from my house. But at the same time, I sure would like to have a car sooner rather than later.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #8

My Vehicle: 13 Crosstrek Premium CVT DGM

Wes. Just chill. It will be fine and woth the wait. Mine took all of 90 days, 12 weeks, 3 months from the day the order was place till it made it to my dealer. I think your sales person is a D-bag and I would go over his head and talk to the salemanager about is pisspoor attitude.
I personally got ticked at my salesman cuz he would not return my emails. So I started emailing the sale mgr. Dealership Mgr etc. I started getting results in a hurry!!

Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #9

My Vehicle: 2013 XV - Tangerine dream

I would go to the other dealership, explain the situation and try to get that Tangerine one with the options you want or atleast close to what you want. If you opt to get the one at the other dealer you can simply cancel the original order and get your deposit back from the original. I had the exact same thing happen to me. You mentioned that that dealer is 10 minutes from you. You can still take you new XV to that dealer to get worked on.

Your original sales person will be bummed they didn't make the sale, but maybe they should have helped you a bit more. And they will get over it, trust me.

Good luck.