Outdoor Club South - Hiking, Biking, Paddling with our new Crosstrek - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 04-08-2013, 01:13 AM   #1

My Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
Default Outdoor Club South - Hiking, Biking, Paddling with our new Crosstrek

I'm Dante and I run the largest outdoor club in the South. I have been torturing my poor Honda Fit with four years of driving it on roads it had no business on. I finally wised up and bought a preowned Crosstrek. This really is the perfect vehicle for me! Every weekend I'm headed out for hiking, cycling or paddling events with the club. It's AWD and high clearance are perfect for getting us to those remote trailheads and rivers. The all weather matts, I no longer worry about the mud and dirt we're tracking in after a day of adventure. The excellent racks and the roomy back get all the gear - including our bikes and boats - where they need to be. I'll be installing an invisi-hitch to pull the lightweight canoe/kayak/bike trailer.

And I didn't even have to give up much on the mileage I was getting in the Honda Fit.

I took it out for an inaugural dirt road ride today and it performed wonderful. First time in a while I wasn't worried about bogging down, getting stuck, spinning out or banging up the trim on the car. It handled a few stream crossings beautifully.

I'm looking forward to all the adventures with my club in this Crosstrek. It's really going to open up more options for us!

OutdoorClubSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 01:27 AM   #2
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT
Default Re: Outdoor Club South - Hiking, Biking, Paddling with our new Crosstrek

Wow, it seems you've ALWAYS needed a Subaru! That poor Honda Fit probably didn't enjoy the off-pavement action too much...

Welcome to the club, hope the XV serves as your perfect lifestyle vehicle!
Old 04-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #3

My Vehicle: 2013 Limited Tangerine
Default Re: Outdoor Club South - Hiking, Biking, Paddling with our new Crosstrek

Welcome to the forum! Good to see another paddler here.
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 05:12 AM   #4

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX

Welcome to the forum, OCS, thank you for signing up.

Do you have any pics of the XV? It sounds like a perfect fit for you -- bad pun totally intended.