Semi newbie - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 04-17-2013, 07:39 AM   #1

My Vehicle: 2013 CrossTrek XV Limited Marine Blue Pearl
Default Semi newbie

Hi!

I say kind of a newbie because I had a Saabaru a few years back (Saab with the Subaru engine).

Picked up my Crosstrek Monday night. Still learning the vehicle but enjoying it so far. 8)

Lakethoreaubreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #2

My Vehicle: 2013 Limited Tangerine
Default Re: Semi newbie

Congratulations on your purchase! Did you get the CVT? That took me a bit to get used to, but now I love driving it. Welcome to the boards and the club, I'm looking forward to seeing pics!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #3
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakethoreaubreezes
Hi!

I say kind of a newbie because I had a Saabaru a few years back (Saab with the Subaru engine).

Picked up my Crosstrek Monday night. Still learning the vehicle but enjoying it so far. 8)
The Saabaru you speak of (Saab 9-2X) was really just a badge-engineered second-generation Subaru Impreza. I assure you, only thing Saab about it were the badges and the facelift.

And welcome, hope you're enjoying your XV!
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #4

My Vehicle: MY13 Crosstrek Limited CVT- Satin White Pearl

Welcome to the Club and congrats.... the more you drive the XV... the more you will love it!!!

"Life is tough... but it's tougher when you're stupid." ~John Wayne
Xtrekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #5

Thanks all! Yes, I got the CVT though honestly would've loved the manual in tangerine. Having spent the last five years driving trucks and suvs, getting used to the height difference but am enjoying the ride.

Having a time learning the voice recognition commands though - is it me or is shouting actually necessary?

Old 04-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #6

My Vehicle: 2013 Crosstrek, Black 5 sp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakethoreaubreezes
Thanks all! Yes, I got the CVT though honestly would've loved the manual in tangerine. Having spent the last five years driving trucks and suvs, getting used to the height difference but am enjoying the ride.

Having a time learning the voice recognition commands though - is it me or is shouting actually necessary?
Hello and Welcome! My XV doesn't recognize a darn thing I say, mostly. My last car (ctsv) had a voice recognition program you completed so it would learn your particular pronunciation. I haven't looked to see if XV has or not - might be worth checking into.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:05 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubySu
Hello and Welcome! My XV doesn't recognize a darn thing I say, mostly. My last car (ctsv) had a voice recognition program you completed so it would learn your particular pronunciation. I haven't looked to see if XV has or not - might be worth checking into.
Thanks, RubySu
What I've figured out so far is it requires very specific word commands, i.e., to place a call the first command is "Handsfree"; to set up the navigation the command is "navigation". So far it hasn't taken my normal spoken commands like Siri does on the iPhone.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:08 AM   #8

My Vehicle: 2013 Limited Tangerine

I havent messed with it much myself. The dealer couldnt get it to work well and was pretty embarrassed about it. I've never used voice command for anything so I haven't been very concerned with figuring out the crosstrek's
Old 04-18-2013, 12:13 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDfreak

The Saabaru you speak of (Saab 9-2X) was really just a badge-engineered second-generation Subaru Impreza. I assure you, only thing Saab about it were the badges and the facelift.

And welcome, hope you're enjoying your XV!
Of course, there was the cost of Saab maintenance vs. Subaru :
Now shopping for a hitch and bike rack!
Old 04-18-2013, 12:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexAlejan
I havent messed with it much myself. The dealer couldnt get it to work well and was pretty embarrassed about it. I've never used voice command for anything so I haven't been very concerned with figuring out the crosstrek's
Same thing - the rep couldn't figure it out nor the navigation. It was comical: he went inside and grabbed another salesman who couldn't figure it out either.

I use my bluetooth a lot because oftentimes the only time I get to make some calls so it's nice to not have to use the bluetooth all the time now.