Short time lurker, first time Owner... - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 01-30-2017, 02:34 PM   #1

Default Short time lurker, first time Owner...

After owning Honda's for the last 15 years (2 CRV's and an Accord), I had become a bit concerned with the perceived drop off in quality and costs of maintaining them. After testing an HRV, I was turned off by it's 'cheapish' feel and choppy, noisy ride.

We decided to make a switch but still wanted AWD in a smaller package. And really the only option with a good reputation was either the Impreza or Crosstrek. As we were a bit pressed for time, we went with a Silver '17 Crosstrek as the 17 Impreza's weren't quite available in stock. But it was also a bit of a decider that we DO go a 'bit' off the beaten path using various mild dirt tracks in the Poconos and take some trips up north in Winter.
So far, pretty pleased with the choice. Only noticed a couple of things that are issues so far- Since I'm a bit taller, the rear view mirror blocks my view to the right front corner when turning right. I can duck a bit and will get used to it. The other is that it's sounds slightly 'boomy' when going over a bump at medium speeds. Maybe it's a case of the smaller, lighter chassis being a bit more sensitive vs. the heavier CRV. <shrug>
Other than that- looking forward to 5 years of adventures in the Suby.

RayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2017, 03:50 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 05 big turbo STi - 18 ADF lifted Crosstrek

Welcome to the club and congrats on the first Subaru.
stupidchicken03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:41 PM   #3

Nothing is perfect, but I think you made a great choice and will be happy . Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Butch Coolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2017, 09:53 PM   #4
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Welcome to the club!

If you haven't already, I highly recommend you check out the New to Subaru thread as well as the break-in procedures.

Since you do go off the beaten path, I assure you that the Subaru AWD system does far better than Honda's Realtime 4WD that has less-than-favorable reviews in winter climate European countries (though despite that, their SH-AWD and VTM-4 as well as VTM-4i systems aren't bad).

Also, compared to the HR-V, the Crosstrek has far more ground clearance.