SoCal Intro - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 03-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
Site Team

Default SoCal Intro

Hello all,
I suppose an intro is in order, since I've just been creeping on you all for the past few days.

Unfortunately, I do not yet have a Crosstrek. I want a Tangerine Premium w/5spd. I'm hoping to have one in a few months. I currently own a 2011 Ford Fiesta. It has been the biggest POS I've ever owned. The bad news is that I drive so much (45k/yr) that the value plummeted so I'm stuck in the loan until I'm no longer upside-down. The very day that happens, I am trading it in, so long as it lasts long enough (sad, but true). It's got 89k miles, tranny had to be rebuilt at 19k, still doesn't work right, taken it in 3-4 other times but the dealers won't do anything, throttle body had to be replaced at 57k, passenger headlight takes a break whenever it feels like it, the serpentine belt is literally falling apart every time I rev above 3500rpm, and the catalytic converter is bad. And no, that's not the complete list.

Needless to say, I'm ready for the quality of a Subaru, and the Crosstrek is the perfect vehicle for what I do/need.

I've always loved forums, and in pretty active on FiestaFaction. I'm glad I found this one, as the only other forum is based in another country so the information isn't always accurate to the US Crosstrek's. It's a great forum, I was just looking for one based in North America.

Anyways, thanks and I look forward to finally being able to upload pictures of my Subaru!

RallyeBourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosstrek - Desert Khaki - 5MT Premium
Default Re: SoCal Intro

ouch that sounds like a rough car to own...

When do you get your XV?
Old 03-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #3

My Vehicle: MY13 Crosstrek Limited CVT- Satin White Pearl
Default SoCal Intro

I feel your pain... Why not sell it outright to get the most out of it? 80% of low book for trade value is average. You may break even sooner than you think and start over by selling it yourself

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

"Life is tough... but it's tougher when you're stupid." ~John Wayne
Xtrekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #4
Site Team

Default SoCal Intro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasem
ouch that sounds like a rough car to own...

When do you get your XV?
I'm hoping about 8-10 weeks. A lot depends on work (commission-only job) and my Fiesta with its issues.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #5
Site Team

Default SoCal Intro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtrekr
I feel your pain... Why not sell it outright to get the most out of it? 80% of low book for trade value is average. You may break even sooner than you think and start over by selling it yourself

How would I sell it outright when I don't have the pinks? Wouldn't someone have to pay me, I pay Ford, wait for the pink, then sign it over?

If I could do it that way, that would be great, as the private sale value is even with what I owe.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #6

Default SoCal Intro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyeBourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtrekr

How would I sell it outright when I don't have the pinks? Wouldn't someone have to pay me, I pay Ford, wait for the pink, then sign it over?

If I could do it that way, that would be great, as the private sale value is even with what I owe.
It works I have done this on four previous vehicles. Just be open and honest with the deal and with them and it worked out every time for me.

We wrote a small contract.... We went to the THEIR bank with PAYOFF from MY finance company... their bank cuts a cashiers check to YOUR finance company.... you send off the check and inform the new owner that when the title arrives, you will contact them to sign the title over. In the meantime.... I gave them the vehicle, but was to remain PARKED and not driven until the title was signed over... now if they do that for you... great... In NV... I keep my plates and they didn't have any to put one until the deal was done... so it worked for me. only took 2-3 weeks here to get the title. I know SOCAL is much different with plates staying with the vehicle though... I used to live there myself. If you find someone interested... work a deal... doesn't hurt to try.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #7

My Vehicle: Tangerine Orange Pearl 2013 CrossTrek XV - Premium w/ Nav & PP1

Being trapped with a crappy vehicle is the worst. If you aren't upside down by much perhaps you could just roll into the new loan. I'm not a big fan of that approach but with a vehicle as bad as your Fiesta I'd want it off my hands before something hugely expensive failed on it.
Tangerine Orange Pearl
Premium w/ Nav & PP1
WeatherTech Digital Fit Floor Liners
Madico Charcool 35% Front Window Tint
Subaru Side Window Deflectors
Kicker Speaker Upgrade
Black Plastidip Grille and Emblems
CrossTrekFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #8

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX

Welcome, RallyeBourne, thank you for signing up with us.

Sorry to hear about your less than crappy Ford Fiesta, that's a shame, though it sounds like you should be sitting in a new Crosstrek within no time.

In the meantime, make yourself at home here and when you do get your Crosstrek please share it with us!

- Sent from my RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

Old 03-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #9

Default SoCal Intro

I think we have all been there at one point or another. When I was young, I went 3500 in the hole on a new vehicle. Not a smart move financially, but in the long run I was better off. I paid it off early and much less to maintain it than the pos I had before that was nickel and diming me to death.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #10
Site Team

Default SoCal Intro

I'll definitely look into it. Thanks for the advice! The quicker I get out of this car, the better, even if I have to drive the fiancé's '04 Sonata for a week or two while it all plays out.