Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

Subie Newbie!

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  WallWalsh 
#1 ·
Thanks for adding me to this awesome forum! After being an active member on numerous BMW forums, it will be awesome to be a part of the Subie Community! I am in the process of getting a 2019 Limited Crosstrek. I look forward to being an active member here!

#3 ·
Hey, what's up man! I'm in So Cal, (Chino Hills) where are you located? I appreciate you reaching out. I started reading your build thread yesterday. I got about 15 pages in, and then got busy with projects around the house. I have to say, you've got skills!

#6 ·
Thanks man! Wifey and I are kind of at a stalemate. I like the dark grey, she wants white. I had a little setback tho, this guy that put a deposit on my BMW I'm selling, suddenly pulled out. So I called my guy at the dealer and put it on hold. Hopefully I can get it sold soon.

#7 ·
Signing off: I bought my 2013 Crosstrek in 2012. Hence I'm probably one of the pioneers...I even got a t-shirt. Anyway, it's been a great ride. I usually change cars every 5 years, but this one lasted 7. I was starting to have noise issues. At first maybe time for new tires so I got new ones. But it just grew louder and louder until I was told it was bearing. I took it to the dealer only to told I needed new brakes and rotors. $600+ later, it continued to make noise. I took it to my local mechanic and for $300+, he said he fixed it. The noise went away. For about a week, and it came back with a revenge. Plus I don't want to put in any more money into it. So that's it, per Marie Kondo, the car stopped bringing me joy. So I got myself a 2019 Mazda6. Nice and quiet and luxurious. Bye bye XV, you've been good to me.

#9 ·
Dealer and local guy says bearings just by hearing the noise. The local guy said he just lubricated it. I was just really disillusioned by the whole thing and didn't feel like spending another dime on it. I sold it on webuyanycar.com. They paid me $1k less than what internet valuation sites suggested, so I was ok with that. I knew I would get much less trading it in. I sold 2 cars through craigslist in the past and was quite pleased. A little stressful, but you get a good price from the right buyer. I had a recent death in the family and I really didn't feel like going through that stress again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.