Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

Chicken's Crosstrek

115K views 421 replies 37 participants last post by  Skinston 
#1 · (Edited)
So pulled the trigger last night and put an order in for a 2018. Put the deposit down and it should be here in a month give or take.

Ill keep this first post open as a currently list of whats done. Everything starts in the next post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Modification list
As of: 10/22/2021

Engine
-k4rt3oy (mall rated) oil cap

Wheels/Tires
-Method Race Wheels 15x7+15
-BF Goodrich KO2 235/75/15
-full size matching 5th wheel

Suspension
-OEM struts and springs
-ADF 1.5" lift and multi link spacer kit

Interior Modifications
-Weathertech all-weather floor mats
-Diodedynamics LEDs
---map/dome - "Cool white" in SMF6 (94 lumens)
---cargo - "Cool white" in SMD12 Board (118 lumens)
---rear license - "Pure White 5k" and "HP5 92 lumens"
-Custom paneled S-tech 6 dual LED rocker switches (Team Tech Offroad)
-BDR Fabrication custom shift knob
-Raingler dog barrier net
-Orsinivinylanddesigns steering wheel overlay
-Farbon Ciber HVAC cover
-Raingler paracord grab handles
-BDR Fabrication custom e-brake button
-DIY lock box
-Diode Dynamics LED strip cargo light
-RAM X-grip phone mount
-CF HVAC vent and steering wheel trim covers
-Raingler storage cargo net

Exterior Modifications
-Full front clip clear bra by Detail Maniac
-Body side molding
-Rear bumper cover
-STi roof spoiler
-Lamin-x yellow fog light tint
-Door handle CF guards
-Rokblokz mudflaps
-KC Cyclone retrofitted rear reflectors
-32" LED light bar behind lower grill
-Partial Laminx rear tail lights
-Window deflectors
-Orsinivinylanddesigns front and rear emblem overlays
-JM bumper guard
-Vvivid Vinyl wrapped rear hatch panels
-ADF ditch light mounts
--Rigid Industries Radiance ditch lights (amber)
-Muffler delete
-Philips LED fog light bulbs
-"Raptabru" LED Grill lights

Miscellaneous
-Yakima Loadwarrior (w/ extension) and 32" LED light bar
--3 KC Cyclones mounted to rear of basket
-Auto-dimming mirror with homelink
-35% front window tint, 45% windshield
-Hardwired/mounted Rexing V1P front/rear dash cam
-ARB CKMA12 air compressor in trunk
---exterior air line to rear bumper
-Hi-lift Jack HL 484
--Custom jack mount
-Hardwired/mounted Uniden R3
-EcoHitch Stealth Trailer Hitch Receiver
-DIY Spare Tire Carrier
-Rally washers for skid plate
-Hood Struts
-Engine bay LED lights
-Outer Tents RTT (Osprey Hardshell)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)

2018 Premium Crystal White Pearl with 6-speed manual with black interior.

Add-ons straight from the dealer are going to be:
-Sunshade
-Auto-dimming mirror with homelink
-Body side molding
-Rear bumper cover
-All weather floor mats
-STi roof spoiler
-crossbars
-rear seat back protector

The main reason I wanted the side molding was 1) it will help with door dings in parking lots B) I plan on getting the whole front clip and the first half of the doors clear bra'd. I think the molding will be a nice "line" to bring the clear bra up to and somewhat hide the edge along most of the doors.

Plan on ordering a few other things over the next month to already have a small pile of stuff to throw on. Updates will be coming :D

#5 ·
The body side modlings are 100% worth it! They prevented a direct door-ding by some dingus (pun intended) who partially left their Cadillac Escalade's driver door partially open on a windy, gusty day in Sacramento. I returned to find the Cadillac's door had slammed my passenger-side front door, thankfully, only damaging the body side molding.

#8 ·
Hmmm, perhaps I may get an opportunity to test drive a 6MT around late September also. Even though I don't exactly plan to replace my 2nd gen Subaru XV, I can't help but be curious how the new one drives.

Also, factory sunshade is worth the money too. Most people settle for a cheap generic one with a one size fits most, but in a place like Sacramento, a properly-fitting sunshade makes a big difference in keeping interior temperatures lower.

#9 ·
I should have the car at this years BAM if you're going (ive been every year since 08).

Sunshade is a MUST! In the STi i shelled out and paid like $70 for a custom fit one for that windshield and its been amazing. Having no AC in the car, I have tinted windows (even the windshield), use the sunscreen and try to park in a shady spot as often as possible.

#10 ·
I'm not so sure I may make BAM this year with my current work schedule. Last year I had service and/or work get in the way. The year before, I was called into state emergency active duty standby status while having fun at BAM 2015 (needless to say, I wasn't happy being told I had to "standby").

If we both attend BAM 2017, I would greatly appreciate it if I could check out your new Crosstrek, and if it's not too much to ask for, perhaps even a test drive.

#15 ·
Yesterday I took a couple side profile shots for a before/after once a few things have been taken care of ;)

This is what the STi rear spoiler looks like up close

So far ive really enjoyed the car. A couple things that I probably would not have gotten if I saw them first
-all weather floor mats
-subaru sunshade

I really like all weather mats, but these are kinda lack luster. Ill probably end up getting something aftermarket like weathertech or husky. Something that has more coverage and go up the side of the footwells a bit.

The sunshade is build nice, and seems like it will block heat out, but its a PITA to fold. Its more of an accordion style that has to be folded up a certain way to sit flat together. It does not cover the entire windshield because I think they cut them all to fit with eyesite just in case the car had it. Might get an aftermarket one as well. The ones (forgetting the brand name right now) i got for my civic and STi are amazing. Cut to fit perfecting and make a HUGE difference on heat in the car.

#16 ·
I personally don't mind the updated sunshade (note: the Subaru-branded sunshades are actually made by Covercraft) to accommodate Eyesight models, as it could also possibly accommodate mounting of a dashcam. If you want an OEM-style one without that Eyesight cutout, you could just get one from Covercraft without the Subaru-branding markup.

Now that you've got one... SF Bay Area/Sacramento Subaru XV meet??? :D

Also, you GOTTA try out your new Subaru at Prarie City SVRA, I promise you it'll be fun.

#17 ·
Planning on some off road fun for sure!

Wheels/tires were supposed to be here today but got delayed :(
-Should now be here tomorrow.

Also just ordered an ADF 1.5" lift kit. From what they've been saying right now, they're not going to make a full 2" kit for the 18 as endlinks might not fit after. Hoping to get that in the next week in a half or so, just in time to get it installed before BAM :)

#18 ·
Wheels and tires showed up yesterday :D

Method 502 VT-spec (15x7+15)
BFGoodrich ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2 235/75/15

Unfortunately did not get to test fit them, although I dont think they will fit as is anyways. BUT I do have an order in with Anderson Design Fabrication for one of their lift kits. I also couldnt test fit because the car got dropped off at Detail Maniac to get the entire front clip, and part of the doors clear bra'd :)

#19 ·
I also couldnt test fit because the car got dropped off at Detail Maniac to get the entire front clip, and part of the doors clear bra'd :)
What I should've done instead of getting a protectant coating... Now my poor paint has suffered from various off-pavement adventures.

#22 ·
Are you getting the entire sides of the door panels covered? It just dawned on me yesterday I have so many scratches from brush scraping on my front doors when on narrow trails.

#24 ·
Ok.. a lot of updates coming as I did a lot of smaller things on the car this weekend..

Including getting the car back from Detail Maniac after they installed clear bar on the whole front clip, and then some :D

Man and his team doing what they do!

all along the side of the doors

crappy finger reference as to how high up the film goes along the doors lol

all the way up the pillars and first sections of the roof

Amazing work from them, as always! I always recommend people to check out the shop if they're in the Sacramento area!

#26 ·
Installed the Lamin-x yellow fog covers, looks so much better now in my opinion!

Installed my radar detector mount, hard wiring will be coming up soon.

Got a couple of these cigarette plug to dual USB things. I installed one in the cubby under the HVAC controls, and the other in the center console armrest. Ive got future plans in my head for the cubby area. So my thought was to get some longer cables (1 iPhone and 1 micro USB) and plug them into that outlet and run them into the glovebox. So if a passenger ever needs to charge their phone, either cable is ready to go there.

#27 ·
My fiance bought a new Kia Sorento earlier this year and I bought a Yakima loadwarrior basket. I knew I was going to be getting a Crosstrek at some point, so I wanted to be able to use the basket on either vehicle. I mounted and wired a LED bar to the front of the basket with weatherpack connectors so I could plug it into both cars. Here is the full write up on how I got it set on her car: LED light bar with cargo basket - Kia Forum Ill be doing something very similar for the Crosstrek, but next level lol.

So I adjusted the crossbars on the roof and got the basket mounted. So now there is transferable lighting, storage, and ski/snowboard attachments for either SUV :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.