Fuji Heavy Industries : Ebisu Subaru Building - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 08-28-2016, 01:30 PM   #1

My Vehicle: Sigourney our XV, and Pearl our XT
Default Fuji Heavy Industries : Ebisu Subaru Building

Good day All,

We seem to make the trip to Japan just about every two years, I will miss Guam for the ease of the trip. Our friends have now relocated once again so we have lost our enjoyable lodging.

Last time we visited Car-do Subaru and the elusive 22B. This year we took the time to hike Fujisan so we only allotted half a day to find the FHI : Ebisu Subaru Building.

My hope was to see the vintage Subaru collection. Upon arrival I was told that their classic cars were moved to one of the Gunma museums and we needed to make a reservation. Oh well, next time.

I can confidently say that we are shorted in the USDM Subaru market with base features, options, creativity, and factory OEM accessories. The other part of me is confident to say that I would not pay $35k+ for an actual XV STI Hybird.

The White/Orange XV STI Hybrid was present at a fun outdoor ride-along sales program as Subaru was pushing the Eyesight technology, this event was in Odaiba, not at their down town FHI building. Sarah was impressed by the fact that you can do 40mph and the eyesight system will bring the vehicle to a very controlled stop.

Now onto the actual showroom. This year marks the release of the Levorg STI edition. The wagon is a beautiful beast.

If we ever receive the modern day version of the Legacy back stateside my mother, Beth, will be the first in line to preorder the Levorg, in Blue of course.

I don't know what it is about Subaru but they always seem to offer such a diversity of environments for their products. Cookies, tins, STI this or that, and amongst the mix they place their trophies.

I am proud to see that Subaru embraces their dog-friendly approach across continents and major bodies of water. I truly thought it was was a SOA marketing love but I was pleasantly surprised to be proven wrong.

I can openly share that I much rather prefer the Car-Do location. You can show up in shorts with a T-Shirt, limited verbal communications, and they will still welcome you the same as the family that just purchased the top of the line whichever model. Car-Do is an enthusiast's shop, make this a full day trip if you ever find yourself near Tokyo.

On the other hand FHI Subaru Office is the slacks with a button down shirt, top button to be left open for the casual appearance, accompanied by polished shoes strapped with skinny laces Subaru corporate location.

I realize that a foreigner can be nerve-wracking but please step out from behind the desk and give it a try, we're not intimidating. Besides, your English is cleaner than my Japanese. We can accomplish quite a bit with the technology of the Internet, an app translator, and hand gestures.

I hope that you have enjoyed the brief tour of the Subaru Ebisu Corporate Office. Until Gunma.

Daniel

Remember where you have been because it will help guide where you are going. --DSH

The Hulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2016, 11:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hulls View Post
If we ever receive the modern day version of the Legacy back stateside my mother, Beth, will be the first in line to preorder the Levorg, in Blue of course.

The Levorg - sweet sweet beauty that it is - is actually based on the WRX (itself based on the Impreza chassis) and not on the Legacy chassis.

And yes, I want one so freakin' bad!
RaceAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:48 AM   #3
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Sweet pics...

The Levorg is really an oversized Impreza wagon that slots between the Impreza hatch and Legacy wagon in terms of size. From the perspective of demographic (from full-comfort to sporty), Subaru's intent was to have something comfortable yet still sporty with a CVT.