PHASE 2 Exterior Customizations Complete! - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 11-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #1

My Vehicle: 2013 Subaru CrossTrek - Desert Khaki
Default PHASE 2 Exterior Customizations Complete!

Whew! Been a long week... but I like what I have to show for it. I've never been into cars until the XV, and was surprised by how easy it is to do a lot of this stuff. Here's the rundown:

Plasti dipped:
-Grill (no more chrome!)
-Body Moldings
-Fuel door
-Hatch release bar and emblem housing
-SUBARU and XV badges
-Rear bumper scuff guard (this was a huge challenge, as it is one piece with the bumper, did it twice now and still haven't got the smoothest line! but it still looks good... has that weathered look lol)
-license plate cover (i like Tom Wood Subaru, but didn't want to advertise.. and haven't decided what to replace it with)

New Subaru emblems to front, back and steering wheel (black carbon fiber with red stars)
Smoke vinyls over blinkers
CUPEEZ door bowl protectors (plasti dipped as well protects against scratches, magnetic, real easy to apply and remove)
Two rear window decals (subdued US flag and white "Don't Tread on Me" snake)
Removed PZEV sticker from rear window
"My First Subaru" badge with military and outdoor activities badges (order long ago, just now put it on, figured "what the hell, may as well.")
Debadged symmetrical AWD and CROSSTREK emblem
CURT cargo basket w/ custom "CROSSTREK" white decal for wind guard
WeatherTech rain guards on all side windows
UNIBAR on front bumper (plasti dipped; didn't realize how easy it was to remove a bumper! i had no problem doing this by myself)

Phase 3:
Waiting on parts
-Chrome headlight eyelids (will black plasti dip)
-Chrome fog-light covers (will black plasti dip)
-Chrome tail light covers (will black plasti dip)
-XV stainless door sill plates
-wind guard for hood
-dog seperator (found one pretty decently prised with good reviews that fits imprezas and crosstreks, allegedly, ask if you want details)
-Remote start

Considering adding a pair of lights to the UNIBAR mount, but don't know anything about it.. tips? suggestions?
Also, has anyone had any success with replacing the intake and exhaust?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2013, 11:06 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru Crosstrek XV Black
Default Re: PHASE 2 Exterior Customizations Complete!

looks good man, keep up the good work. what remote start are you looking into?
Old 02-02-2014, 06:20 AM   #3

Any idea what the cargo basket costs you in terms of highway mpg's? Looks great, though...much better than the clamshells obviously, but I would think the aero clamshells would save some $ on trips/
thomcad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2014, 06:31 PM   #4

OTC remote starts are apparently a bust.. was told by best buy (after i had already purchased it) that "they don't make a module bypass for the XV yet," meaning I would have to go to Subaru and pay an extra $100+ for the installation... which confuses me... so how does Subaru install it then if a key component isn't even produced? (i'm guessing i'm missing some info on the install/process)

anyway, the rack claims to cost 1-2 MPGs, but since its been so windy here in Indy (hardy har har) I'm showing a 3-4 MPG loss by rough estimates (then again I was driving pretty fast that week, always running late from interrupted sleep thanks to a wonderfully pregnant and uncomfortable wife).

so, the rack comes down in this weather, and will be back out in the late spring/summer/early fall when i can actually use the dang thing!
Old 02-23-2014, 11:58 PM   #5

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru Crosstrek XV Black

that's interesting about the xv bypass. I talked to a guy from Best Buy a while ago about having one put in and he said that I should buy the bypasses myself and bring them in for install or show them how much they cost elsewhere and they will pricematch. But he told me that Subaru needs 2 unlike most cars, for more security I guess, that's where the extra $100 comes from. Hope that helps
Old 02-24-2014, 03:11 PM   #6

My Vehicle: '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek Limited

Looking good. Assuming that is the Loadwarrior? Love mine, very handy. Sadly, I have a moonroof so you can imagine wind noise.

Keep it up!
VXSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotteets
that's interesting about the xv bypass. I talked to a guy from Best Buy a while ago about having one put in and he said that I should buy the bypasses myself and bring them in for install or show them how much they cost elsewhere and they will pricematch. But he told me that Subaru needs 2 unlike most cars, for more security I guess, that's where the extra $100 comes from. Hope that helps
I recently visited the local Car Toys and the installer said Subaru's needed two bypasses for the remote starters.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:19 PM   #8

My Vehicle: '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek Limited

Forgot to mention, I see you said you removed your AWD decal. I know it's common sense that Subarus are pretty much all AWD vehicles, but it is always possible not all idiots with tow trucks know this. You ever need to get towed for whatever reason and there isnt an AWD badge or you around to let them know, they could give you a 2 wheel piggy back and your car could be toast.

Without some sort of notice or emblem stating this, it may relieve them of any liability if this occurs. Just a heads up....
VXSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:43 PM   #9

Yah that's an excellent point VXSS... i found some transparent stickers to put on the inside of the windows though...
Old 08-02-2014, 04:07 PM   #10

My Vehicle: crosstrek premium 2013 satin pearl

Hey did you plastidip the side molding?
Sport package (mud flaps, rear seat protectors, Cargo Panel, floor mats) : Nexus 7 replaced stock radio : Weathertech Side Window Deflectors: Plastidipped emblems and diffuser : Side cargo netting : Mid console tray
subiecoastie is offline   Reply With Quote