The next generation of Foresters: Welcome the 2014 Subaru Forester! - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Go Back   Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums > Other Subaru Models > Forester

Old 11-01-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT
Default The next generation of Foresters: Welcome the 2014 Subaru Forester!

Our first taste of the new-generation of turbocharged Subaru engines is coming to North America through the Forester! 2.0L Direct-Injection Turbocharged engine (FA20 DIT), very likely the next powerplant for the WRX and WRX STI!!! Shame it'll only be available with the Lineartronic CVT, but surely the WRX and WRX STI will have a manual transmission available.

Subaru of America:
Quote:
News Release Issued: October 31, 2012 10:00 PM EDT

SUBARU REVEALS ALL-NEW 2014 FORESTER CROSSOVER SUV;
NEW MODEL TO MAKE NORTH AMERICAN DEBUT AT LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW

CHERRY HILL, NJ, Nov. 1, 2012 – Subaru of America, Inc. today released the first official photos of the all-new 2014 Forester crossover SUV, which will make its North American debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show. The new Forester combines a bolder profile than before while offering a roomier interior with virtually the same footprint as the previous model.

The fourth generation of Subaru’s popular Forester will offer a new 2.0-liter direct-injection turbocharged BOXER® engine producing 250 horsepower. The standard naturally aspirated 2.5-liter BOXER engine debuted in the outgoing Forestermodel. Fuel economy will be higher across the line with the debut of a new six-speed manual transmission and available Lineartronic® continuously variable transmissions (CVT).

The all-new five-passenger 2014 Forester preserves the optimal blend of SUV capability and car-like ride and handling that have made the Forester one of the Subaru brand’s best-selling models for the past 15 years. Refined (or New) suspension system delivers agile handling and a highly compliant ride quality. Generous 8.7 inches ofground clearance enhances off-pavement driving capability.

The 2014 Forester will offer an exceptionally roomy interior, featuring increased rear seat legroom, and an enlarged cargo area. In-demand infotainment features will be offered, including smartphone integration, navigation, rear view camera, and harman/kardon® premium audio amplifier and speakers.

Basic Vehicle Specifications
Engine types and output
2.5-liter 4-cylinder BOXER, naturally aspirated
170 hp @ 5,800 rpm 174 lb.-ft. peak torque @ 4,100 rpm

2.0-liter 4-cylinder BOXER, direct fuel injection, turbocharging, intercooler
250 hp @ 5,600 rpm* 258 lb.-ft. peak torque @ 2,000-4,800 rpm
Transmission
2.5-liter models: 6-speed manual or Lineartronic CVT
2.0-liter turbo: high-torque CVT with 6-speed and 8-speed manual modes and Hill Descent Control
Drivetrain
Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive standard for all models
Wheelbase
103.9 in.
Vehicle length
180.9 in.
Vehicle height
68.2 in (with roof rails)
Vehicle width
70.7 in.
Wheels/tires
2.5-liter: 17 x 7 in. aluminum alloy with 225/60 R17 all-season
2.0-liter turbo: 18 x 7 in. aluminum alloy with 225/55 R18 all-season
* With premium grade gasoline

About Subaru of America, Inc.
Subaru of America, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. of Japan. Headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J., the company markets and distributes Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of more than 600 dealers across the United States. All Subaru products are manufactured in zero-landfill production plants and Subaru of Indiana Automotive Inc. is the only U.S. automobile production plant to be designated a backyard wildlife habitat by the National Wildlife Federation. For additional information visit Subaru Cars, Sedans, SUVs, Crossovers, Wagons | Subaru of America.

“Subaru”, “BOXER”, “Forester”, all model names, and the Subaru logo are registered trademarks of the Subaru subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries, Ltd, Japan.
Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.

Become fan of Subaru on http://www.facebook.com/subaruofamerica and follow @subaru_usa.

###

SOURCE Subaru of America, Inc.

What cars101 says:

http://cars101.com/forester14-x2.jpg

http://cars101.com/
Quote:
10/31 Initial 2014 Forester details announced. This is a major and long awaited redesign. The bottom line for most people? Its a little bigger and will get better fuel economy.
The new US Forester will use the same 2.5L engine with 170hp used in the current 2.5X models. That's a relief for all the people worried the US models would get a 2.0L with only 148hp. A CVT replaces the dated 4 speed automatic Sportshift currently in all models, which will increase fuel economy and could encourage some buyers to wait for the 14s.
The turbo performance models get an strong new turbo 2.0L direct injection engine with 250hp and and all new high-torque CVT. The increased power is going to please enthusiasts and car reviewers while the CVT will leave them asking for a 6 speed manual and optional 7 or 8 speed automatic. Premium gas is recommended but no longer required. This all new 2.0L turbo is the first of the new turbos to come in future BRZ, WRX, and STI turbos.
The new Forester is slightly longer, wider and taller than the 2013s, but not much. The overall length grows by 1.4" and the wheelbase by .9". Its expected the rear seats will benefit the most.
The 2014 Forester will stand at 68.2" high, or 1.3" higher than the the 2013. Thats in keeping with the competition. If you like the current size, the 2014 will not disappoint, though the increased height will make putting accessories on the roof harder.
Harmon Kardan and probably Aha will be available. The car will be shown at the LA auto show 11/30-12/9 and a lot more information will be available then, including if the 2014 still has the great rear visibility that the current model has. Hopefully it does. The cars are expected to arrive winter 2013. It will be for sale in Japan early November

Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 03:19 AM   #2

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX
Default Re: The next generation of Foresters: Welcome the 2014 Subaru Forester!

Looks great. I used to really hate Foresters but they have grown on me a lot in the recent years. I would not mind having a turbo version in my garage.

The Cars101 article also mentions this is the engine that will be seen in the turbo BRZ. As far as I knew, Subaru was saying there would NOT be a turbo BRZ, did they change their position on this?
Old 12-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #3

My Vehicle: White Pearl XV Crosstrek Touring Model with 5 speed.

Kenya police switching from Toyotas to Subarus https://www.facebook.com/SubaruCrosstrekFans
Got One is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #4

There is a photo gallery of them which some seem to have some Crosstrek'ish rims etc.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ive/photos/#10
Old 12-08-2012, 12:22 AM   #5

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jascha
There is a photo gallery of them which some seem to have some Crosstrek'ish rims etc.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ive/photos/#10
IMO they look great, but love the rims.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:22 AM   #6

My Vehicle: MY15 Forester 2.5i S (White) & MY12 Subaru XV 2.0i L (Black)

His mine

Old 05-13-2015, 10:56 PM   #7

My Vehicle: 2013 Silver Subaru Crosstrek Limited

This is my Crosstrek next to a 2014 Forester
Tomicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:15 AM   #8

My Vehicle: MY15 Forester 2.5i S (White) & MY12 Subaru XV 2.0i L (Black)

My forester with my wife's xv
Old 05-14-2015, 09:38 PM   #9

My Vehicle: 2015 Venetian Red XV Crosstrek

I want a Forester XT style front end (scaled down slightly) connected to an XV rear end.
carpandean is offline   Reply With Quote