Added aluminum racing pedals! - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 11-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #1

My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosstrek Limited CVT- Satin White Pearl
Default Added aluminum racing pedals!

Hey Guys and Gals, I treated my XV to some aluminum racing pedals today! They are Razo Competition Sport pedals. I have a better pedal feel and grip. I relly needed an gas pedal that had more width. The pedals are adjustable for heel/tow- not that I will use that. I did adjust the gas pedal out a little to increase the width. The gas pedal is taller now though so keep that in mind.

The brake pedal was a cinch, but the accelerator was a little more involved.

Closeup of the gas pedal base plate install..

The finished product! I love the bold racing look!

I couldn't find the dead pedal for sale anywhere so i will keep looking....

Advertisement

Old 11-04-2013, 03:29 AM   #2

My Vehicle: 2013 Crosstrek Limited
Default Re: Added aluminum racing pedals!

Looking sharp
Master Shooter
All round nice guy
Ikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #3

My Vehicle: 2013 XV - Tangerine dream

Here is the dead pedal foot rest:
http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/9965586/01408/
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #4

My Vehicle: 13 Crosstrek Premium CVT DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthereyouare
Cole you really need to add that to complete the ensemble. Ties it all together.
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #5

My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosstrek Limited CVT- Satin White Pearl

Dang, Pepboys...who woulda thought. I'll head down there and get r dun. I'll post pics when complete. Thanks andthereyouare!!
Old 11-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #6

My Vehicle: 2013 XV - Tangerine dream

It was online... Not sure if it's in the actual store.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:46 AM   #7

This is an old thread, but I'd like to revive it because it may help me with an issue I'm having. I've only been driving my 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid for 2 weeks (and it's been in the shop most of that time!) but the pedals are killing me. My whole right leg on the outer side is sore and cramped from hip to calf because the pedal arrangement is all wrong for my shape.

I have tried raising, lowering, forwarding, and backwarding the seat to no avail. I have tried a wedge cushion with the wedge facing in all four directions (just in case) on the seat, and even putting behind my back, and none of that has alleviated the problem. Nor does adjusting the angle of the back rest.

I've been observing the difficulty in action to pinpoint what is causing it and I've concluded that I need the accelerator pedal to be a little to the left, a little down, and a little out from where it is at! Now I am searching for a way to accomplish that. This Razo pedal is still available. It looks like it would widen the pedal to the left a bit, the OP states that it lengthened the pedal (I assume in the downward direction? I can't really tell from the pictures how it is longer), so the question is, could I also wedge something between the current pedal and this overlay to bring it out (forward) a bit?

My issues arise from the following disergonomics. First, the pedal is too close to the side wall, which encroaches into my heel space. I have to angle my heel inward, which puts my whole leg at an awkward angle. Then, I am unable to heel/toe to the break. The distance between the two pedals could be closer, but that is not the main hindrance for me. The brake pedal is too far forward (closer to me) with respect to the accelerator pedal, therefore, I can't stretch my foot all the way over and extended backwards (toes pointing back towards leg) to reach it. So I have to move my foot constantly to brake. And finally, I have to put my foot very far forward, with my foot sharply angled up, to keep my shoe on the accelerator pedal because it is up too high for me. This makes the brake pedal feel too close and moving my leg forward to brake also puts my leg at an awkward angle.

I looked at pedals on Amazon, but had no idea how to go about purchasing one that would fit my car and solve my problems. I do NOT want to drill my pedal. So I'm happy to see one that someone has already shown fits. But before I purchase it, are there any comments on how well this solution might work, or other possibilities?

I need to solve this problem quickly because I'm taking this car on her maiden voyage cross country in a week and a half.

Thanks! =)
blue_as_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:54 AM   #8
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Wait... you're heel-toe downshifting with an automatic?

I attempted pedal covers on my first Subaru when I was having trouble heel-toe downshifting (which involves pressing all three pedals). It didn't go well (in fact, it didn't fit), but if you are having ergonomic issues, it is worth the try to see if it can provide a proper solution.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:05 AM   #9

Dude. Changing your pedal won't help your leg. Trust me I know. You need to adjust the "Nut" located between the steering wheel and headrest. No really. All jokes aside, the position of the pedal isn't what's doing it. Generally, when I get a leg cramp it's from being too close, too far, or not using the damn cruise control. Wayyyyyyyyyy too many people don't use their cruise controls and after a long drive experience the pain. I also have sciatic pain in my right butt cheek. But I also drive for a living. All. Day. Long.
Subarust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 04:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDfreak View Post
Wait... you're heel-toe downshifting with an automatic?

I attempted pedal covers on my first Subaru when I was having trouble heel-toe downshifting (which involves pressing all three pedals). It didn't go well (in fact, it didn't fit), but if you are having ergonomic issues, it is worth the try to see if it can provide a proper solution.
Perhaps I don't know what "heel/toe" refers to -- I was talking about pivoting on my heel so my toe can go from accelerator to brake.

However, I just drove my old car and realized that I couldn't do that with that car either. It didn't cause me pain, so I really didn't pay much attention. But now that I drove while observing what I actually did, I see the pedals are pretty much in the same positions.

Now I'm thinking I either can't get the seat low enough o the Crosstrek or it's the bucket seats causing the problem. I'll have to investigate further.
blue_as_sky is offline   Reply With Quote