Anyone replaced OEM speakers? - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 05-16-2014, 06:00 PM   #1

My Vehicle: 2014 Crosstrek CVT Desert Khaki
Default Anyone replaced OEM speakers?

I'm told the OEM speakers in the Crosstrek are terrible and I'm wondering if anyone has replaced them, and if so what brand and cost?

rwr313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2014, 07:27 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2016 Crosstrek Limited
Default Re: Anyone replaced OEM speakers?

You should really judge for yourself. Some people are overly-critical audiophiles that won't be satisfied with a $1000 system.

I picked up my Crosstrek on Saturday, and the dealer was still waiting for a bunch of my upgrades to come in. Two of the upgrades were the speakers and tweeters. So for the first half of the week I cruised around with the stock speakers, which were OK. They certainly didn't wow me, but they didn't sound miserable.

The dealer called yesterday and told me to come drop the car off for a few hours to get the rest of my goodies installed. The upgraded speakers and tweeters definitely make a difference. The low's still aren't as low if compared to a car with a dedicated sub, but I'm happy with the sound. Tweeters are very crisp.

To each, their own.
zkaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:35 PM   #3

My Vehicle: Subaru Crosstrek 2013 Orange, Toyota Tacoma 2005

The manufacturer makes this stuff just to get by. Then really run the bill up with all the add on's $$$$. I took out my radio and installed a Rosen Navigation unit. Couldn't believe the deference in sound quality. So much better than stock, using the same OEM speakers.
billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2014, 11:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob
The manufacturer makes this stuff just to get by. Then really run the bill up with all the add on's $$$$. I took out my radio and installed a Rosen Navigation unit. Couldn't believe the deference in sound quality. So much better than stock, using the same OEM speakers.
Interesting. I assume your new stereo is bluetooth capable so you can pair your phone to it?
Old 05-17-2014, 04:06 AM   #5

My Vehicle: 2013 Subaru XV Crossstrek, Tangerine Pearl

I actually just ordered replacement speakers and tweeters today because one of my stock speakers is already broken. I was looking at the kicker upgrade package that is made for Subaru, however I ended up going with a different set that was cheaper but still kicker brand, same with the tweeters. Ill let you know what the verdict is once they come in.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwr313
Quote:
Interesting. I assume your new stereo is bluetooth capable so you can pair your phone to it?
Yes. Rosen Universal lllH In-dash / 2 din Multi-Media Navigation GPS System - G3
Old 05-19-2014, 03:35 AM   #7

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes. Rosen Universal lllH In-dash / 2 din Multi-Media Navigation GPS System - G3
Does that work with the backup camera?
Old 05-19-2014, 05:37 PM   #8

My Vehicle: 2013 XV - Tangerine dream

I replaced my entire system to include a custom fabricated sub box in the back.

To be honest I thought the stock speakers were fine, except for high notes. The tweeters are paper as the woofers in the doors are more sturdy.

I opted for Polk Audio DB6501 components for both front and rear. They are best speakers for my ears.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Does that work with the backup camera?
Yes
Old 05-20-2014, 03:51 PM   #10

BillyBob, how much was the Rosen unit? What features does it have that the OEM doesn't? What is the model? Thanks.