COMPLETE rear liner/cover?? - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 12-07-2016, 08:57 PM   #1

My Vehicle: 05 big turbo STi - 18 ADF lifted Crosstrek
Question COMPLETE rear liner/cover??

I will get the rear liner, and the rear seat back protectors, but want more. Does anyone know of a whole liner that covers the rear cargo area, and ramps up to cover the rear seats as well? Somewhat like a rubber (removable) bed liner in a truck?

I made a super basic MSpaint outline of what Im looking for. Cover up everything and have a lip to contain water/dirt.

It would be awesome for snow days, muddy toys, dogs, all of the above combined lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CrosstrekRear.jpg (139.1 KB, 46 views)

stupidchicken03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2016, 09:10 PM   #2

Should mention that I would prefer NOT having a cloth liner, ive seen lots of those. Something like rubber or durable/flexible plastic.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:07 PM   #3

I had something very similar to what you are describing in my 2010 Scion XB. It was weathertech that made that set. You may want to check with that manufacturer. I specifically remember purchasing just that item (rear liner) separate from the rest of the set. It did not come all the way up the back seats, but it had a pretty tall lip around all edges.
RS7JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2016, 08:24 AM   #4
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

I believe the Japanese Subaru website has something like that in the XV accessories... but it is the conventional cloth cover thing that you wish not to get.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS7JR View Post
I had something very similar to what you are describing in my 2010 Scion XB. It was weathertech that made that set. You may want to check with that manufacturer. I specifically remember purchasing just that item (rear liner) separate from the rest of the set. It did not come all the way up the back seats, but it had a pretty tall lip around all edges.
Ya I was thinking that weathertech would have something like that. I did a quick search but did not find anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDfreak View Post
I believe the Japanese Subaru website has something like that in the XV accessories... but it is the conventional cloth cover thing that you wish not to get.
Yea Ive seen a lot of cloth ones for dog blanket/protectors ect, but it would be nice to have them weather proof as well.

Kinda threw the idea around of a DIY, but would need to figure out material and play around with vacuum molding hehe.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:34 PM   #6

Leaving this here for reference..

2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek research webpage- Premium, Special Edition, Limited, Hybrid, Hybrid Touring

EDIT:
First material I thought of using would be kydex.. kinda pricey, and not sure how it would hold up with dogs/gear. I know it makes fantastic holsters for guns/knives.

http://www.professionalplastics.com/KYDEXTSHEET

https://www.interstateplastics.com/K...ss=0.125&qty=1

.125 x 48.00 x 96.00 is about $225 and that would not be wide enough for the widest 53" at the rear opening.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XtrekRear.jpg (102.7 KB, 25 views)
Old 12-09-2016, 09:57 PM   #7

I'm sure you could probably fabricate something that could attach with Velcro? You could lay the seat flat and cut it to fit. I'm certain an upholstery shop could do something for you very inexpensively. Good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Butch Coolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 02:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch Coolidge View Post
I'm sure you could probably fabricate something that could attach with Velcro? You could lay the seat flat and cut it to fit. I'm certain an upholstery shop could do something for you very inexpensively. Good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea I could get a fabric one made, or just buy the ones available online. Not sure if a fabric store would make a rubber/plastic one or not.

Kydex is extremely malleable when its heated up. Figure I could trim a large sheet out to the about size of the trunk, leaving room to form the dip between the front/rear seats, and an inch or two around the border. Heat it up and create a lip around the entire mat. So if water/mud get back there, its all contained and will not spill out.

Here's an example of kydex being used for a holster (bad music lol, but its the general idea. There are TONS of vids on YT if you're interested in more)

Old 01-09-2017, 07:24 PM   #9

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/free...9-b6065cb38239
BayouMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouMike View Post
Almost exactly what I would want! Only if it was a rubber/plastic instead of leather!