Coverking Rhino Hide Seat Covers - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 08-26-2016, 01:52 AM   #1
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2016 Subaru Crosstrek M/T dark metallic grey
Default Coverking Rhino Hide Seat Covers

Hello all,
As an uber driver you can imagine the number of people who are in and out of my vehicle everyday. As you can imagine my interior takes a beating and it has a risk after midnight on the weekends. (Never know what might happen). So I did some research for the most durable seat cover on the market to protect my seats. I came across some from coverking... Now I don't endorse them nor claim they are the best, just wanted to share my experience with you all if you were in the market for seat covers.

Www.coverking.com

They offer custom made seat covers in a bunch of materials. I really liked the ballistic nylon tactical covers and wold have gotten them but didn't feel they were appropriate for an uber driver. I needed good looks and yet extremely durable. So I went with what they called rhino hide. It comes in black, steel (grey), and I believe tan. I chose black to best match the black /grey interior. Coverking claims rhino hide is their most durable seat cover resistant to tears, spills, etc.. unlike coverking's other seat covers it has a 5yr warranty vs. The 3yr that their other covers have.

It took me approximately 2 hours to install them properly and required the removal of all 5 head rests and the rear seat cushion from the car.

I should note these were $555.00 seat covers for the front and back. It cost far more if you order online. I called my order in to see if they had a military discount (they did not) but they had a 15% discount for phone orders. So after $555.00 and 3 weeks lead time I received my seat covers today.

My opinion is as follows.

Pros: they do look really good, almost leather like, they cover the entire seat with no exposed cloth, they do feel extremely durable and I feel that unless someone spills directly onto the rear seat belt buckle my seats will be protected.

Cons: expensive.. like really expensive, the head rest covers are really tight and fasten with velcro that seems really cheap and poorly done (a little more material and a stong zipper would have been great). Just below the seat belt guide in the center of the back rest in the back seat there is a 2in x 2inch opening that serves no purpose. I noticed on youtube someone else had the same comment. Some areas of the cover are very tight and a few areas seem just a little more baggy than I'd have liked for a custom cover.

My overall opinion is that I like them. I do think they look sharp and will serve their purpose. Time will be the ultimate test as I have given nearly 500 rides over 4 months as a driver.

If anyone has specific questions regarding this product feel free to ask and I'll be glad to answer. I'll post pics and if there is something I didn't show that you would like to see let me know and I'll try and get a picture for ya.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160825_190530.jpg (72.9 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 20160825_190237.jpg (79.2 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 20160825_181306.jpg (70.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 20160825_181116.jpg (87.3 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 20160825_190346.jpg (107.8 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 20160825_190305.jpg (71.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 20160825_190329.jpg (80.0 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 20160825_190225.jpg (86.2 KB, 36 views)

Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2016, 09:25 PM   #2
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Are they made in the USA? And I would imagine at that price point, they almost certainly do account for airbag deployment of the side seat airbags.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:42 PM   #3
Site Team

Yes they are made in the USA. California. I do like the way the cutout works for airbag deployment. The front seats I really like. The back have a place or two that is a little baggy but that's just me really nit picking. After 20 rides last night they held up really well and was thankful bc people are not friendly to my vehicle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2016, 03:08 PM   #4

That's a very smart move. I'm impressed with the factory cloth on our vehicles, but no way would they survive the traffic that you experience. Heavy vinyl interiors were the mainstay of the majority of vehicles from the 60's on. I won't comment on the velour that came out in the 80's. They were comfortable, but not very rugged. Best of luck with your latest mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Butch Coolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:46 AM   #5

My Vehicle: 2013 Crosstrek

Hey, at least it's a write-off
TwistedGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 12:07 AM   #6
Site Team

Well, the more I look at the seat covers the more I like them. They do look good in person. I will say the rhino hide material that coverking uses doesn't breath that we'll though. They do make a great seat cover with many options. I think after my uber driving days are over and my crosstrek becomes the offroad, kand as field machine I want it to be I'll get the tactical ballistic nylon covers.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:09 AM   #7

My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosttrek, Dark Metallic Grey
Thumbs up Excellent seat covers

Had My Rhinohide seat covers in black for 3 years now, they still look brand spanking new, I have a dog and two kids so that should tell you something
insurance73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:23 PM   #8
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

I recently became an Uber driver and am extremely interested in getting the bench seat covers. How have they held up on Ubee rides so far?