Highly recommended phone mount - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 12-30-2015, 02:03 AM   #1

My Vehicle: '14 Crosstrek XV
Default Highly recommended phone mount

I got this a few weeks ago for my LG G4 and it is absolutely the best mount I have ever seen:

Subaru*XV / Crosstrek*2014*Dashboard Mounts*-*ProClip USA

My G4 is in a Unicorn Beetle Rugged case:

Amazon.com: Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro Full-Body Rugged Hybrid Protective Case with Built-in Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S5 Active - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

And it fits perfectly in the "Universal T3" holder:

Large Universal Adjustable ProClip Holder T3*-*ProClip USA

It is rock solid and does not bounce when the device is touched. Installation was exactly as depicted in the site's video (click "more info" on the center mount one). One warning, though...when you are flexing the bracket, don't pull aft too hard, the entire stereo surround will dislocate. I did not remove the tape cover...might want to move it a few times until I am sure of where I want it. It tilts and rotates very well in all directions. No clicks/detents on rotation.

Advertisement

Old 12-30-2015, 07:26 AM   #2
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

I'm presuming you mounted it around the center console? I feel weary looking at the A-pillar mount as that is a panel that pops out when the side curtain airbag deploys, making it an unsafe location to mount anything.
Old 12-30-2015, 07:48 AM   #3

My Vehicle: '14 Crosstrek XV

I did the center mount to give access to the passenger. It does block the hazard switch and a little of the vent (when in landscape). It easily rotates and/or tilts to let air get around it. It can be installed anywhere within the width of the center console, but there are clips that kind of dictate that it be in one-half inch movements. The proclip website shows the variation of the center mount.
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2016, 01:45 PM   #4

My Vehicle: 13 Subaru Crosstrek

i've got a cd mounted phone holder for my iphone. i don't use my cd player much, listen to xm and since i'm not paying for maps update, i don't care that it blocks the screen a little.

the feet that insert into the cd player are rubber so it won't hurt anything. Also, you can still play your cd's. the mount I have is magnetic and came with a plate that fits behind my iphone case.
c-lo is offline   Reply With Quote