Interior and License Plate LED Lights - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 11-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #1

My Vehicle: 2014 XV Crosstrek Premium (Ice Silver)
Default Interior and License Plate LED Lights

Hello, XV Crosstrek Newbie here. I've read through almost all the forums on this sight just because but anyway I have a question.

For the LED light kits (the one from theledstation.com for impreza wagons 08 and up) is it just as simple as changing out the light bulbs? Or is there some hidden electrical instructions that I would need to know about?

mwrobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2013, 06:11 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2013 XV - Tangerine dream
Default Re: Interior and License Plate LED Lights

Hi and welcome!

These are just bulb type. just replace your bulbs with these, rather simple. Some peeps here had issues with the polarity and blew some fuses. They just replaced the fuse and reversed the bulb... All good.

I didn't have issues with mine. Easy install and much brighter.

Here's where I got mine:
http://www.autogoody.com/servlet/the...aru/Categories
Old 11-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #3

Awesome! Thank you!

Did you happen to replace the license plate lights too? If not I'll search the other forums to find out how to get to those bulbs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #4

My Vehicle: 2013 XV - Tangerine dream

The link I got my LED's from has a link to Sylvania bulbs and there you can put the XV in and figure out what bulb size you need, not sure about the license plate bulbs.

Good luck.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #5

My Vehicle: XV Crosstrek CVT Limited w/ Nav+Moonroof

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwrobel24
Hello, XV Crosstrek Newbie here. I've read through almost all the forums on this sight just because but anyway I have a question.

For the LED light kits (the one from theledstation.com for impreza wagons 08 and up) is it just as simple as changing out the light bulbs? Or is there some hidden electrical instructions that I would need to know about?

Yup! Its super simple... All you need is a flat head screw driver or butter knife and a paper towel. The paper towel is to prevent any scratches when you pop off the light covers. Simply pop the covers off, pull the old bulb out, put the new one in, replace cover, and voila all done. The polarity does matter, so if you insert the new bulb and it doesn't work simply turn it 180 and try again. I only missed 1 on the first try, but nothing bad happened. The license plate lights are simple too as you just push the housing one direction and they pop out.

A few tips:
When doing the inside lights get inside, close the doors, and pop the covers off. Wait a few mins for the lights to cool off then take them out. Burnt my fingertips on the front ones because they get REALLY hot.

The LEDs in the front map lights and top dome are a tad too long, but don't worry about the little metal tabs as they will bend slightly.

Depending on the lights you get, the tips on the LEDs may be a solid piece of metal or a small metal wire. If you get the latter, make sure the small wire is firmly clamped by the socket or your LEDs may flicker on/off or not light up due to bad connection.

Turkeytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #6

Thanks a lot "Turkeytoe"! I can't wait to get these LEDs
Old 03-11-2014, 03:16 AM   #7

I did the replacement today, the white LEDs in the interior are really nice!! The cabin looks really cool as you approach the vehicle when you unlock the doors...

... however, I wasn't able to figure our how to pop the license plate lights!!!... I read that you are supposed to push the housings towards the center line of the vehicle, but I'm afraid I might break them. Also as I started pushing them, they seem to have like a glued gasket and the sound of glued piece becoming undone frighten me to push harder.... can anyone explain a little better how to do this? Perhaps some pictures?

Thanks!
Jotica is offline   Reply With Quote