REVIEW: Crosstrek 3D MAXpider interior floor mat video - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 03-10-2016, 04:30 AM   #1

My Vehicle: 2016 Crosstrek DK Premium CVT
Default REVIEW: Crosstrek 3D MAXpider interior floor mat video

Looking for some new mats for your Crosstrek? Check out these:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2016, 01:18 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2014 XV Crosstrek Premium Black

They don't cover the gas tank door lever or the hump in the rear. Deal breaker for me unfortunately. This is why I went with Husky Liners over the WT's when I bought the XV. But the fit and material of these is obviously much much better. Bummer.

Covering that lever is a must during PA winters with road salt and grime on a daily basis for 5 months, right where you enter the car. It a really poor Subaru trait that I've been dealing with on 3 vehicles now. I'm just waiting for that little cable to corrode and snap right as I'm about to run out of gas.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:37 AM   #3

I've seen some Weathertech mats in other brands of cars that seem like they will work as advertised. I was just going to get the front set, but saw that the rear is a one piece, that connects in the center. I currently have the factory all weather mats that came with the car. The Weathertech that fits on the drivers side, will cover the rubber foot rest, that looks like it will take a beating. The set costs $179.00 and tax I'm sure. Seems like a good investment. I used to have "tray mats" in a Suzuki Samurai that I purchased from Calmini. They were really good, and way ahead of their time for 1988. Any feedback from any consumers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Butch Coolidge is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2016, 04:15 AM   #4

I may stand corrected about these mats. I looked at the videos for them, and some of the customers reviews. They look really well made and may be nicer than Weathertech. Thanks for passing the info on.

Old 07-01-2016, 04:59 AM   #5
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Glad you revived this thread, because I had no idea about the parent company of the products. They're called U-Guard Automotive, and it looks like they've been around for a little bit.

U-Guard Automotive 3D MAXpiderMat

It's a Canadian company that claims to make the OEM floor mats in Canada for various car manufacturers. Here's a bit from their "about us" page:

Quote:
Due to our unwavering standard for quality and our commitment to providing exceptional prices to our customers, U-Guard has remained a certified OEM parts supplier to various manufacturers including Mazda, Hyundai, and KIA Canada since 2009.
Part numbers for the mats for GP-chassis XV Crosstrek models (2nd generation XV)

Front FL-8732BK1
Rear FL-8732BK2

The mats are only offered in black so far.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:08 AM   #6

Just placed my order at AutoAccsssoriesGarage.com. They had an initial coupon knocking the price down from $151.00 to $135.00. I then called the order in, and got it down to $128.33 with free shipping. It's listed as a 3 piece set, which I inquired about. That means the rear is one piece. It's listed as shipped today. Hopefully it comes soon. I'll update after I receive it. Thanks again for the info!

Old 07-13-2016, 02:14 AM   #7
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2016 Subaru Crosstrek M/T dark metallic grey

I just bought my set of 3Ds from amazon.. paid 143.00.... once I have them installed this weekend I'll post pictures. Looking forward to them... Now just to save up the 650.00 for the Coverking rhino seat covers...
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 04:29 AM   #8

Got my mats today, and they fit exactly like in the video that azxtrek posted. They came in one week as promised with free shipping. I thought the rear would be one piece, but it's 2 rear mats. I am happy with them, and they look like they will wear well and protect my floor as advertised. Thanks again for the recommendation.

Old 07-18-2016, 06:59 PM   #9
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2016 Subaru Crosstrek M/T dark metallic grey

Received my 3D Maxpider mats this last week.. the mats look great against the black carpet and interior, the carbon fiber appearance is nice, the mats fit perfectly with the contours of the cars floor. They are dished enough that snow, rain, etc will be retained inside of the mat and not on the carpet. My only dislike was as previously noted I was under the impression that this was a 3 piece set and the rear was one piece going over the drive shaft hump, but it is not. It's not a big deal, just dissapointing as I am an uber driver and seems every person who gets in the car puts their feet on that center hump.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 12:08 AM   #10

I had the same impression about the rear mats......but they do fit nicely. I understand your concerns with having a lot of traffic in the back. I do think they look nicer than the Weathertech I have seen , and should hold up nicely.