Running power near rear view mirror - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 06-27-2014, 06:43 AM   #1

My Vehicle: 2018 Crosstrek Limited
Default Running power near rear view mirror

I have a car camcorder I'd like to mount near or behind the rear view mirror. It came with a long enough cable to run down in to the dash and bring around to the front 12v socket. Was wondering if anyone else has run cabling there or might have suggestions on how to best do it. I think I can use a tool to press the headline down enough to slip the cable behind it but wasn't sure about removing the plastic cover on either the left or right of the windshield.

I was going to ask the dealership to install the remote starter when I take it in for it's first service thought about asking them to run the cable then since they have to run a cable for the receiver there anyway but not sure I want to wait or if they would since it's not a Subaru part.

t0ny20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2014, 02:31 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2014 Crosstrek Limited, Desert Khaki
Default Re: Running power near rear view mirror

Back when I had my WRX, I had a radar detector in this area, I got power from the interior map lights up by the mirror, much shorter run without trying to run wires under the headliner or down a window post. just a thought.
ramaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:02 PM   #3

My Vehicle: 2018 Crosstrek Limited
Default Re: Running power near rear view mirror

Great idea... I didn't even think about the power going to those lights.

There's already power running to my rear view mirror too but the cables look very thin wasn't sure I wanted to try and splice them.
t0ny20 is offline   Reply With Quote