storage? - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 07-22-2015, 06:43 PM   #1

Default storage?

hello all,
just got my XV on monday night and still getting to know it.
i was just out trying put some of the stuff from my old car into the XV (jumper cables, small tool kit, center console crap, etc)
am i missing something or is the XV really, really, really limited on storage places???
all i can find for storage is the glove box and that little box between the front seats...
nothing in the back but a spare tire that i can see...
am i missing a storage spot? really prefer to not have my jumpers and tools sliding around the rear cargo area....
thanks,
Bill

Chappy444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2015, 07:11 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2014 XV Crosstrek Limited CVT (ISM)

Unfortunately the XV lacks "out of sight" storage. There are mesh cargo bags available for the rear.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:56 PM   #3

My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosstrek - Desert Khaki - 5MT Premium

There's not a lot of places to tuck things away in the XV.

I picked up one of these which has come in handy and, I suspect, may help out with what you're looking to do.

It also folds down relatively flat for any times you may not want anything stored.
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2015, 09:43 PM   #4

My Vehicle: Subaru Crosstrek 2013 Orange, Toyota Tacoma 2005

I too notice the issue with storage, when I went from Nissan Versa to the Crosstrek. Only half of my stuff I could store in the Crosstrek. Suggest to look closely at your items, do you really need to be carrying it with you? Especially now in days with cell phones and Subaru roadside assistance. I've got the owners manual under the driver side seat, and under the passenger side seat I have my jumper cables warped in a plastic shopping bag, be careful their's electrical cables under the seat for the seat heater/air bags. Paper maps are in the back door pockets. Ever thought about leaving the spare tire out? Subaru Roadside Assistance - Jump starts, Tows, Tire Change
billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:54 PM   #5

My Vehicle: XV Crosstrek CVT Limited w/ Nav+Moonroof

I carry a set of jumper cables, small air pump, and flashlight under my driver seat. I put a short tow rope under the passenger seat and keep a few items in the spare tire area such as extra tools. I still have enough room under the seats for like a socket set and a small med kit, but that's about it. Just mind the wires like billybob said.

I haven't found anything else yet.

Turkeytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:11 AM   #6
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Indeed, the out-of-sight storage isn't nearly as good as my old Subaru Outback, I've simply accepted that the compact Subaru XV isn't that large of a vehicle.

My kit is a bit bizarre, considering it takes up a good quarter of my total cargo space with the seats up.

http://i.imgur.com/AZXOY5E.jpg
AWDfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:52 AM   #7

I'm pretty much the same as everyone else. Jumper cables, a small air pump, knife and flashlight etc is about what I carry around locally. On road-trips, my kit is more extensive.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:42 AM   #8

My Vehicle: Subaru Crosstrek 2013 Orange, Toyota Tacoma 2005

What are you guys preparing for WW3? The Outback is larger, maybe you need some kind of Roof Cargo Box? SportRack SR7095 Skyline XL Roof-Mount Cargo Box, 18-Cubic Feet, Black - Walmart.com
billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:48 AM   #9

My Vehicle: 2014 XV Premium Venetian Red CVT

Same basic set up here, but I've added Mechanix fabric work gloves, nitrile gloves, and a compact tool set.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:25 PM   #10

Thanks for all of the input. I didn’t think I had missed any out of sight storage but you never know, these car companies are getting crafty with storage space (on some models). I am coming to the Crosstrek from a Santa Fe which had a very large storage area under the rear cargo area floor, it was about 8x24x36inches. I could keep all of my stuff out of sight and still have room to spare. I kept the jumpers, small tool box, rain jacket (cause you never get a flat on a sunny day), torch, couple of flares (cause you never break down in the daylight), small med kit, small tire repair kit and two of those folding chairs all out of sight. I knew the XV was smaller and would have less storage space but I didn't realize how much less until I went to put my paired down pile of stuff back. I don't think I am preparing for WWIII, I have just learned some lessons in my 30+ years of driving. Not to mention the fact that I average ~34k miles a year up to 10hours drive away from home and you can see that most of this stuff is fairly "necessary". So, it looks like I will be in the market for a folding storage bin for the rear cargo area.
Chappy444 is offline   Reply With Quote