Taking Apart the Dash and Side Panels, ETC - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 02-11-2016, 05:42 PM  

My Vehicle: 2015 XV Crosstrek (Tangerine Orange Pearl)
Default Taking Apart the Dash and Side Panels, ETC

I am doing some electronics installations which will require me to remove parts of the dash trim and the trim that goes along the doors and foot well areas. I am pretty sure that stuff is secured with the little "snap clips" and whatnot but I don't want to just go in there and start yanking things apart. With my luck, I will break something and have to buy a replacement. So getting to my question...does anyone know where I can find some sort of instructions or diagrams that show the proper way to remove those trim pieces? There has to be something out there so installers and techs know the correct way to remove these items without damaging them. Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2016, 01:38 AM  
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

I found those instructions on a technical service information service such as AllData DIY and other similar online databases.

While Subaru's STIS is the real deal, it's extremely expensive and the best alternative (IMO) are the cheaper online databases of the FSM as they don't charge an arm and a leg for the info.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:02 PM  

My Vehicle: 2014 XV Crosstrek 2.0 Limited

If you go here...... Subaru XV Crosstrek Speaker Upgrade (Part No: H631SFJ000)

Click on installation instructions you will get a PDF from subaru. Most of the accessories you are able purchase have these PDFs. The above are for speakers. This one details the door panel removal. Look at the install for the subwoolfer to detail removing the radio on trim and so on.
Husky liners
Torklift 2" hitch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2016, 01:23 AM  

My Vehicle: 2015 XV Crosstrek (Tangerine Orange Pearl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLEMMER View Post
Click on installation instructions you will get a PDF from subaru. Most of the accessories you are able purchase have these PDFs. The above are for speakers. This one details the door panel removal. Look at the install for the subwoolfer to detail removing the radio on trim and so on.
Aha! Good idea. Now I just need to find something that has the panels in the rear cargo compartment! Thanks for that tip!

Old 02-23-2016, 01:04 PM  

My Vehicle: Hyper Blue 2016 Crosstrek

I have a chilton manual from a 2012+ Impreza. To my knowledge it's compatible with the XV since they're the same car with some exterior and suspension differences. For interior work there shouldn't be any difference between the two.