WeatherTechs Installed! - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 05-16-2013, 12:25 AM   #1

My Vehicle: 2013 Crosstrek Limited, Satin White Pearl
Default WeatherTechs Installed!

Found some time and put my WeatherTechs in (front and rear). Those were a breeze to put in and fit perfectly! I left the original cheapie Subie carpet mats in place and hooked the WeatherTechs right over them.

I was concerned I would not like the "plastic-ness" about them. But when I got them, they were not quote the stiff slippery plastic I've known some mats to be. These are sturdy, have a good grip and work well in my car.

Ok.. That mod is done. Working my way to the Nano tint now. Now that its hitting triple digits here every day, I can't wait to get the nano installed! I did it on our Rover and you can totally tell the difference in heat reduction over just regular tint!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (1.11 MB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg image.jpg (1.11 MB, 79 views)

Advertisement

Old 05-16-2013, 12:33 AM   #2

My Vehicle: 2013 Prem. CVT XV, Marine Blue Pearl
Default Re: WeatherTechs Installed!

Nice. I love my weathertechs. They capture so much crud from the bottom of my shoes and the high bowl shape helps keep the upper carpet in the foot wells tidy.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #3

My Vehicle: 2013 XV - Tangerine dream

What's "Nano" Tint?
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2013, 03:01 AM   #4

Nano tint (AKA as diamond tint, Chrystalline film, and other various names) is another grade of tint for car windows.

While regular tint does help protect the inside of your car from glaring sun and gives UV protection, nano-tint goes a step further. With nano-tint, the material is made so that it actually keeps the inside of the car cooler. Depending on the grade you have installed, it can reject up to 97% of infrared (the heat of the sun) and up to 60% of the heat coming through the windows. Amazingly enough, this can be achieved without the film being any darker. It's made with a special nano-technology within the layers of the film, thus providing more benefit, more protection and without cell phone interference.

Before I put this on my Rover, the Tech gave me a demo. He had a small heat lamp and two glass tiles about 4"x4" in size. One tile was covered with standard tint, the other with nano tint... both at 35% tint grade. He first slid the standard tint tile in to the slot over the heat lamp, asked me to my hand as close to it as possible. My hand remained a good 3" away as I could feel the heat burn build up on my hand. The tech then swapped the tiles, inserting the one with the nano-tint. He asked me to put my hand as close to the heat lamp again. This time, I was able to put my hand immediately in front of the tile, nearly touching the glass tile itself and felt no heat coming through! I was sold on the spot (if you've ever sat in a car here in Arizona triple-digit weather, baking in the sun waiting for the light to change... this kind of technology is a god-send)! So, I had it installed on my Rover and have been thrilled with it every since. I had the 3M brand installed.

Now just finding some time to get my Crosstrek in, so I have the nano put on it as well! Anyway, here are some links that may help you more regarding nano-tint:

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...omotive_Films/

3M Window Film Technology Takes Its Turn on the Track in 2012:
http://www.gregbiffle.com/newsArticle.cfm/i/33

MOTORTREND Article on Crystalline Automotive Window Films:
http://wot.motortrend.com/3ms-window...#ixzz1MH2xvMJD

Hope this helps.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:45 AM   #5

My Vehicle: 2013 Dark Gray Metallic XV Crossstrek Limited

Avimia, Could you let us know the % that match the factory tint?
javyher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #6

My Vehicle: MY13 Crosstrek Limited CVT- Satin White Pearl

Nice! I gotta get my WT's before October.... that's when the weather takes a turn for the worse....

"Life is tough... but it's tougher when you're stupid." ~John Wayne
Xtrekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:28 PM   #7

javyher... Good question. I don't know percentage the Crosstrek factory tint is. Surely one of the guys here might know, or there's a source out here about it.

To be honest, in didn't even think about it when I nano'd my Rover... Which was also already factory tinted. I know I just went with 20% legal requirements in side-front windows (as per my State) and did 35% on side-rear and back windows. I did the sun roof of my rover too only because Rover didn't think straight and they only install a large-holed mesh slide cover (instead of a fully solid material cover) on the sunroof. Here in Arizona, that mesh cover does nothing to keep the sun from burning a hole in the top of your head.

You will probably want to check with a reputable tint shop or your dealer for your location's legal allowances. Then ask them to provide you with sample strips you could hold up on your various windows to see what you like. Then go from there. Of course if you like the factory level tint, remember that nano comes in clear. So you could put that on and still get the benefits against the infrared. I know some here have done that on their front windshield and then even cover the outside of it with clear protection film to help stop chips. Pretty cool!

Not sure if this is what you were looking for, but hope it helps.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #8

My Vehicle: MY13 Crosstrek Limited CVT- Satin White Pearl

There are some tint threads that give several brands of tints with percentages used for each brand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 using Tapatalk 2

"Life is tough... but it's tougher when you're stupid." ~John Wayne
Xtrekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:32 AM   #9

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru Legacy

Those mats look like quality pieces.