XV Seat Covers from GT Cover - Info/Review/Pics - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 05-13-2013, 01:35 AM   #1

My Vehicle: 2013 Prem. CVT XV, Marine Blue Pearl
Default XV Seat Covers from GT Cover - Info/Review/Pics

So I wasn't sure that I wanted neoprene seat covers for my XV because I read that they can snag on keys dangling out of your pocket and it has a rubbery smell. Plus the cost was way up there. But I still wanted something that was waterproof and durable. After a few weeks of research and some fabric samples I settled on a Cordura/Endura type fabric. The ones that I bought specifically are the Endura Seat Covers for the XV Crosstrek from GTCovers.com. They are still pretty expensive, but they are custom/exact fit. After shipping and a $20 off coupon, my total cost was about $413.00.

The material itself is pretty tough. Like really tough. I spent a good amount of time trying to rip the endura fabric samples I requested. I couldn't do it without starting a small cut in the fabric first. I also made a hole in the middle with a pen and tried to tear the sample and still couldn't do it. This stuff is the same material used for laptop bags and backpacks. There is really no give or stretch which made installing the seat covers a huge pain in the ass. The fabric is also lined with 1/4" thick foam which didn't help when pulling the covers over the seats. The neoprene samples I requested had a lot of stretch and I could tear it by hand with enough force. I'd imagine neoprene seat covers would be much easier to pullover the seats.

Overall, after about 3 hours of climbing in and out of my car and one bloody knuckle later, I am pretty happy with the seat covers. I think the black/navy blue looks much nicer than the original ivory seats. Plus the navy blue is pretty darn close to the marine blue pearl. All the seams on the seat covers match the seams on the original seats. Each of the front covers have flaps for air bag deployment. The fit is really snug. Maybe too snug. But the instructions do say that after a few weeks the covers should settle and conform completely to the seats and to readjust all the straps.

So if anyone decides to order from gtcovers, you might want to request fabric samples. I received a $20 off code with my samples.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SC_Before_After_01.jpg (386.2 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg SC_Before_After_02.jpg (453.0 KB, 378 views)
File Type: jpg SC_Before_After_03.jpg (421.8 KB, 299 views)

Advertisement

Old 05-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2013 Limited Tangerine
Default Re: XV Seat Covers from GT Cover - Info/Review/Pics

Those covers definitely do compliment the blue of your crosstrek.

Oh, and thanks for the tip about samples!
Old 05-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #3

My Vehicle: MY13 Crosstrek Limited CVT- Satin White Pearl

I do like the black/blue combo... very pleasing to the eyes! They look GREAT!!!

I have had CoverKings ( neoprene ) in my Jeep.... GARBAGE!!!! fades in 5 months and now torn after a year. I haven't look yet for the XV, but IGGEE seat covers is what I am leaning to for the Jeep.... It may not be feasable for the XV since IGGEE synthetic leather covers are better made for rugged use ( and they look darn good ) over cloth seats and I have leather.

"Life is tough... but it's tougher when you're stupid." ~John Wayne
Xtrekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #4

My Vehicle: Marine Blue Pearl 13 XV Manual

Are these seat-heater "safe"? I remember reading somewhere about the potential for the coils to overheat with heavy seat covers (I can imagine the neoprene's are probably a no-go if you want to operate the seat-heaters).

Have any of the seat cover sites you went to mentioned anything about this?

I'm interested in trying to find a set that has some extra lumbar cushioning as well.
silverrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:36 AM   #5

AA-
Thanks, and glad I could help.

Xtrekr-
Thanks. I also checked out the IGGEE site, and the install pictures of syn. leather covers look pretty sweet. And the price seems pretty decent too. I can see why you are considering them.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverrey
Are these seat-heater "safe"? I remember reading somewhere about the potential for the coils to overheat with heavy seat covers (I can imagine the neoprene's are probably a no-go if you want to operate the seat-heaters).

Have any of the seat cover sites you went to mentioned anything about this?

I'm interested in trying to find a set that has some extra lumbar cushioning as well.
I'm not sure. Most reviews/forums I have seen for any type of seat covers, people have said it is no big deal and it will just take a bit longer for the seats to warm you up. I'd imagine that being something you sit on, there is a fail safe for the heating unit to shut off once it starts to overheat so your butt doesn't burst into the flames. I could totally be wrong though. I'll find out next winter.

Pretty much all the sites I checked out didn't mention anything about heated seats. Except for Wet Okole. You can option their seat covers with heating units and lumbar support. And I believe they only make neoprene covers.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:49 AM   #7

My Vehicle: 2008 Forester XS 4EAT

Yes the seats have an override and shut off after I believe 15 minutes on high. On low it may be the same so no worries of starting a fire. There are a few Forester owners with this make and post no issues with heating through the cover. It may may take a little bit longer to warm the material before you feel it, but nothing you'd likely notice.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:40 PM   #8

My Vehicle: Orange 2014 subaru crosstrek premium with package option 1

Ordered my endura GT cover today, they also offer military discount for 10%. Paid a total of $391.51 (front and back) shipped, will post pictures when I have it installed. Thank you for posting your pictures. I also called IGEE they told me they don't have a seat cover for XV yet since they do not have the software, their syn leather looks great, but I want a sturdy/tough seat cover ASAP. My friend have an endura and I like how it is so easy to clean and very durable.
Cardijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:18 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardijn
Ordered my endura GT cover today, they also offer military discount for 10%. Paid a total of $391.51 (front and back) shipped, will post pictures when I have it installed. Thank you for posting your pictures. I also called IGEE they told me they don't have a seat cover for XV yet since they do not have the software, their syn leather looks great, but I want a sturdy/tough seat cover ASAP. My friend have an endura and I like how it is so easy to clean and very durable.
Lol. I forgot about this post. I hope you like them as much as I like mine. Since I'm here might as well update after 8 some months of ownership.

The good:
-Multiple comments on how nice the seat covers look.
-They are holding up great! Still look and feel new.
-The seats covers have since "settled in" and don't look puffy anymore.
-The butt warmers still heat up quickly with the covers on and still get plenty warm which is nice when it is -20F outside.
-Nothing really sticks to the surface. Any smudges, hair, dirt, dust, etc. just brush right off or you can use a lightly damped cloth.

The not so great but I can live with:
-The center armrest cover makes it hard to slide the armrest back and forth. I have removed it after about 6 months.
-My rear seat back covers is a missing middle cutout for one of the child seat safety latch things, but I don't have children so doesn't affect me.
-Objects tend to slide around more easily. Not a big deal, but something I noticed.

With all that said. I would definitely buy these again.

Old 02-23-2014, 12:46 AM   #10

My Vehicle: Orange 2014 subaru crosstrek premium with package option 1

Front GT covers installed, seat warmers works awesome.
Attached Images
File Type: png Front GT.png (1.08 MB, 115 views)
Cardijn is offline   Reply With Quote