2019 Acceleration Noise - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 03-14-2019, 04:54 AM   #1

Default 2019 Acceleration Noise

Anyone else experience a thud or as the service department described it as a "doink" noise while accelerating after warming up? This noise only occurs once on initial acceleration and at no other time while driving. Subaru claims the noise is normal, but I've never heard of this. It is highly concerning considering the car is barley 3 months old and didn't make the noise during the first couple weeks. I let the car warm up and the cold light turn off, give it another minute or so and accelerate. Within 2-3 seconds you can hear the noise from the front passenger side of the engine. Had it at the dealership for about a month looking into it, Subaru engineer shows up from corporate, tests the car and claims it's a normal noise.

Rev.Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2019, 11:39 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2014 XV Crosstrek

I have a 2014 Crosstrek that gives a little thud the first time brake after accelerating. It doesn’t do it again until the following day. Is that similar to what you are describing?
schroederphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 03:43 PM   #3

My Vehicle: 2014 XV Crosstrek MT

Automatic or manual transmission?
Ausfahrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2019, 03:46 PM   #4

My Vehicle: 2014 XV Crosstrek

Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausfahrt View Post
Automatic or manual transmission?
schroederphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 04:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by schroederphoto View Post
I have a 2014 Crosstrek that gives a little thud the first time brake after accelerating. It doesn’t do it again until the following day. Is that similar to what you are describing?

Not quite. It only happens during the first acceleration after letting the car warm up.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:09 AM   #6

Automatic
Old 07-12-2019, 02:14 PM   #7

2019 CVT. Have not experienced what has been described.
lglave@centurylink.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 07:59 PM   #8

My Vehicle: 2019 Crosstrek Sport CVT - DGM

When you shift into Drive, do you let it sit for a second or 2 before accelerating? A CVT transmission works like a Skidoo drive in a way. And when the transmission is cold, the parts get into place a little slower.

Letting it "warm up", only warms up the engine, and does nothing for the transmission.

In fact, and I can't say this is been reported with CVT's, but you should NOT let your engine warm up before taking off, for this specific reason.

The engine gets warm, but the Transmission, transfer case, u-joints, differentials are all cold. So, if you think you're good to go because the engine is warm, and drive it like everything is, you're actually doing damage to the rest.

Think it it like this. You wake up in the morning. Have a hot cup of coffee. Brain is awake, and the chest feels warm. Now start running before stretching or starting at a normal pace to warm up the joints. Same concept.

Not to say that's the cause, but it's possible.
GSBoorman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accelerating, acceleration, noise