A/C Leaking hose again!! - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 08-05-2015, 12:11 AM   #1

My Vehicle: :: 2015 :: Premium :: Desert Kahki ::
Angry A/C Leaking hose again!!

Hey guys,

I'm going to make this short and straight to the point.

I bought my XV on July 4th.

A week later my a/c is blowing hot. I take it in to the dealer they kept it for a day and a half. Picked it up and they tell me the hose was leaking. They replaced it. Done deal.

I was upset cause it's a new car and it was disappointing.

Today...

I get in my XV and the same issue it seems. It sounds like it's leaking and it's blowing really hot air.

I've called the dealer numerous times and texted my sales guy and no one has gotten back to me.

I'm livid!

I feel like I've been let down.

And now I feel entitled to be compensated somehow.

My time, my miles, my gas, my disappointment.

What should I do? Say to them?!

This is just ridiculous and unacceptable.

I live in FL it's always 90 degrees

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2015, 12:31 AM   #2

I find it odd that the dealer won't return your calls. When you call for a service appointment, don't they answer the phone? Since it's covered under warranty, it'll be fixed but it sounds like your dealer is not being very responsive. Have you tried another dealer (if one is nearby)? They should at least provide you with a free loaner and discounts on service. Mechanical issues can and will happen and that's why a warranty is in place. It sucks that the issue you're having is at the worst possible time. As always, I try to be as polite as possible when discussing my concerns. I had a very expensive refrigerator go bad two months after the warranty expired. Had to pay $1100 to get it fixed. I called the manufacturer and had a lengthy but polite discussion with them. At first they gave me the warranty BS story. I reminded them that refrigerators are not disposable appliances and they would not want to be known for not backing their product. They reimbursed me for the repair. I'm certain if I called with a demanding tone, they would have stood their ground.

If the dealer won't give you satisfaction, you should contact SOA.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:13 AM   #3

My Vehicle: Subaru Crosstrek 2013 Orange, Toyota Tacoma 2005

Go up the chain, call and ask for the service manger if no reply, sales manger. Then email Subaru customer care service. Remember 3 tries in the state of Florida, then it's consider a lemon, keep all the paperwork.
billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2015, 03:30 PM   #4

They got back to me last night. Took them the car this morning. If it happens again they'll give me a new one
Old 08-31-2015, 03:44 PM   #5

My Vehicle: 2014 XV CrossTrek Premium in Tangerine Orange Pearl

MrsRaptor, and, what happened??? I am interested to know, considering what you have gone through so far. Hope all turned out to your satisfaction.
Good day.
Shane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
freeasabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeasabird View Post
MrsRaptor, and, what happened??? I am interested to know, considering what you have gone through so far. Hope all turned out to your satisfaction.
Good day.
Shane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Shane,

It turned out to be another o ring gone bad. It didn't take as long as the first time to fix but it was still inconvenient. My sales guy says if it happens again he will put me in a new one. Hopefully it doesn't because it's an awful feeling plus the heat is ridiculous. But then again it hasn't been a month yet and the last incidents were almost a month apart. ::fingers crossed::

But if it does go wrong and it turns out to be a lemon him putting me in a new one doesn't seem right. I felt like he was trying to soften me up to be screwed in the end of what's rightfully deserved. Idk. I'm praying my Raptor lives and gives me no more issues.

Thanks for checking in