Was the battery disconnected recently?
If so, you will need to reset your auto window switch as found on page 2-20 of the 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek owner's manual. I highly recommend all members review and read their owner's manual, especially if a peculiar problem just like your current problem pops up.
Initialization of power window
If the vehicle's battery is disconnected due to situations such as battery or fuse replacement, the following functions are deactivated.
Initialize the power window using the following procedures to reactivate these functions.
- One-touch auto up/down function
- Anti-entrapment function
- Close the driver's door.
- Turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position
- Open the driver's side window halfway by pushing down the power window switch.
- Pull up the power window switch and close the window completely. Continue pulling up the switch for approximately 1 second after the window is closed completely.
- Open the driver's side window completely by fully pushing down the power windows switch.