Brrrrr! After-Market Remote Starter Recommendations? - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 10-23-2018, 11:30 PM   #1

Default Brrrrr! After-Market Remote Starter Recommendations?

I'm so spoiled. Added a remote starter to my '09 Impreza several years ago, and it seriously changed my life. :-) Sadly, I had to let it go this year - and I truly do miss it.

However, the Impreza was recently replaced with a 2018 Crosstrek! I'm so happy to have heated seats now as my Impreza did not have them. But now, I don't have the remote starter. And it was a whopping 29-degrees the other morning.

So my question... anyone have any after-market remote starter recommendations? My Impreza had a 2-way Viper remote starter that required a Viper key fob; I couldn't use my Subara fob or it would screw up the alarm set up. It was installed by Best Buy. I liked the system, but the Viper key fob would frequently break (the back/battery cover would always break off).

I'm thinking something that can be installed by the store that sells it... Best Buy or Crutchfields?

Also, along with the recommendation, is there anything specific I need to ask for with regard to installation - any tricks that would improve setup or function?

Thank you - and happy Crosstrekkin'!

mackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2018, 01:05 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2019 Subaru Crosstrek

Two options:

1. Get the Subaru factory remote starter, this will be supported and not void any warranty.

2. If you have push button start you can use the "MySubaru" app to start your car, lock/unlock your car and check the health from anywhere in the world.
joey4420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:34 PM   #3

I agree.. Get the Subaru remote starter, everything plugs into the factory harness. No cut wires. The Premium Crosstrek will have an extra fob to remote start/stop. The original factory fob is still used to lock/unlock the doors.
CoolKhakiCrosstrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2018, 05:40 PM   #4

I bought my 2016 used with the Subaru remote starter already installed. I love it except that it turns the car off when you open the door. Past starters I've had keep the engine running and only turn off if you don't put the key in when you go to shift into drive.
ayloew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:30 PM   #5

My Vehicle: 2014 XV Premium CVT Blue

Vipers are good alarm's. I have one my 2015 Tacoma and works great. 1 mile range. Cost is an issue, 600.00 I have the 2 way lcd. But.. Here it comes, the viper web site doesn't list the crosstrek 2014 so it probably doesn't work. Might though. Dealer (stealer) wanted 500. Probably more now. Both dealers in Abq are owned by same company so thats not an option either.
dlopan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
after-market, remote, starter