Keyless Door Unlock question/issue - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 04-16-2015, 04:35 AM   #1

My Vehicle: 2015 XV Crosstrek Limited, Tangerine Orange Pearl
Default Keyless Door Unlock question/issue

Just got my 2015 XV Limited a few weeks ago. It is driving me nuts that when I walk up to the drivers door it only unlocks the drivers door, I have the keyless entry/start. But if I go to the passenger side it unlocks all. I know this is a "safety" thing and how it is set up. From what I can find in the book it says it can be changed on the drivers side to unlock all, but the dealer has to do it. I asked them today and they said they didn't know how or ever had anyone ask to have it done. Has anyone done this or know how it can be done? I use the back drivers side door a lot and useless having the keyless entry if I have to open the door to unlock the back door.

duglas911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2015, 01:57 PM   #2

My Vehicle: Subaru Crosstrek 2013 Orange, Toyota Tacoma 2005

I would ask the service advisor again. Show what it saids in the manual and tell them how much it means to you. If you don't get any help ask for the Service Manager. If he doesn't help, get their names and email Subaru Customer Care Service.
billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 02:33 PM   #3

I am only at 1,600 miles so will probably wait until my 1st oil change, dealership isn't close to where I live. I will have my book out so they can see it can be done. in section 2-17 under Door Unlock Selection Function. I have also emailed Customer Care and asked them what needs to be done so I can tell the dealership since they didn't know it could be done or knew how. Am waiting to hear back from them so I can have that info on hand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2015, 03:56 PM   #4

My Vehicle: Subaru Crosstrek 2013 Orange, Toyota Tacoma 2005

Something so simple, it's sad they say go to the dealer. You're probably the first customer that has asked this question. Meaning they'll have to dig out their manual and figure out how to do it. But it's their job to be their for you, that's what's the Service Dept suppose to do. If you have time call and ask for the Service Manager tell him of the issue. If anything get a name of who tells you it can't be done.
billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:50 AM   #5

My '15 Limited XV is set up the same way. It drives me nuts but I will admit I've only briefly skimmed the users manual to see if I can change it. If it can only be adjusted at the dealership that's annoying. It's got to be something like holding a certain button combination or something.
SoCalSoobRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 01:11 PM   #6

My Vehicle: '15 XV Crosstrek Hybrid, Plasma Green Pearl

On my hybrid it was configurable from the menus on the upper screen. I set it to unlock all the doors.
demarcmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:27 AM   #7

My Vehicle: 2015 Silica black XV

Any answer on this one yet? It's the only thing I find annoying on my new Subie.....
blittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:05 PM   #8

I am in the same boat. Let me know how this goes at your oil change. I am doing the same thing (waiting for my oil change) but I am only at 800 miles so I got a ways to go. It is very annoying and can't believe we have to go to a dealer to change this (if they can). I was also told that no one has ever asked this before and they would have to look into it. The hybrids can change this setting but the regular xv can't. Read the manual 20x trying and hoping I could do it myself.
kabachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:18 PM   #9

My Vehicle: 2015 Silica black XV

I will be pleasantly surprised if they can change WHAT the system does.... it would appear to me that what they CAN change is whether it is OPERATIONAL or NON-OPERATIONAL.
blittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:13 AM   #10

I emailed Subaru. They told me the directions where in the book, I assured them those directions where wrong and maybe would work for a Hybrid but not for mine. After them getting into a exact model as mine they agreed it couldn't be done myself and they talked to a tech and found out what needs to be done via a computer setting and emailed the instructions to the service manager at my dealership. Also thanked me for bringing this up so the book could be updated. So I am now halfway to my 1st oil change, so will see if they still have the instructions when I go in or may decide to make a appointment and do it before that since it drives me nuts.