Oil Leak - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 12-01-2015, 02:53 PM   #1

My Vehicle: XV Crosstrek CVT Limited w/ Nav+Moonroof
Default Oil Leak

I had noticed an oil spot under my Crosstrek a while back and when I got my oil change done this week I asked them to take a look at it. Apparently there's an oil leak along the passenger side edge of the oil pan. Tech said it is likely a gap in the Fuji Goop gasket material.

It is covered under warranty, thankfully, as they need to pull the engine out again to access the oil pan. This is the 2nd time in 41k miles I've had to have the engine pulled out, definitely wishing I had taken the extended warranty now.

Anyone else have this happen?

Turkeytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2015, 04:53 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2014 XV Crosstrek Premium Black

Ooof that blows man. I've been fortunate thus far (knock on wood). But I'd be looking to trade this one in asap. With mass-produced and complicated products like this there's bound to be a few anomalies.

I don't think this would sour me on Subaru all together but I'd definitely see if they'd play ball on a new one somehow. I would just always be nervous about what else will go wrong.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:12 PM   #3
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

My engine hasn't leaked any oil so far.

As Schonuff mentioned, it isn't out of the ordinary for mass production products to have defects, even more so in an automobile with over 30,000 parts.
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2015, 02:03 PM   #4

My Vehicle: XV Crosstrek CVT Limited w/ Nav+Moonroof

The first time was for a rocker arm falling off and now the oil leak. It's been separate issues and the rest of the vehicle is fine, but the engine scares me haha. Love the vehicle and don't want to get rid of it, but I'd like to get all my service write ups to SOA and ask for an extended warranty...

I'll talk to my dealer after this repair and get some input from them.

Turkeytoe is offline   Reply With Quote