Power steering reservoir - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 08-24-2015, 03:03 AM   #1

Question Power steering reservoir

Hello guys I'm new to the forum and to Subaru. I got a 13 Trek and need help locating the power steering reservoir. I am assuming it will also have a yellow cap... Thanks!

rumbleroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2015, 03:14 AM   #2

There is no power steering reservoir; XVs have electric power steering.

BTW - Welcome to the forum!
Old 08-24-2015, 11:00 AM   #3

My Vehicle: Subaru Crosstrek 2013 Orange, Toyota Tacoma 2005

Owners manual is very helpful in checking and operating of your car.
billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2015, 04:39 AM   #4

My Vehicle: 2014 XV LTD dark grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob View Post
Owners manual is very helpful in checking and operating of your car.
billybob, I assume there are more than just myself that are XV owners that come here for help and assistance. whilst we may not be "car guys" and may very well be able to fix your broken computer or upgrade your internet. . .looking at car parts might as well be looking at the lunar lander. reading the manual for either one is frustrating.

also the picture you chose, well as far as internet memes go. . .try harder noob.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:40 AM   #5

My Vehicle: Subaru Crosstrek 2013 Orange, Toyota Tacoma 2005
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog.upload View Post
billybob, I assume there are more than just myself that are XV owners that come here for help and assistance. whilst we may not be "car guys" and may very well be able to fix your broken computer or upgrade your internet. . .looking at car parts might as well be looking at the lunar lander. reading the manual for either one is frustrating.

also the picture you chose, well as far as internet memes go. . .try harder noob.
Over the years besides the manual, I've found Google to be a very helpful source in finding answers. Even when my wife ask a question. I'll inform her to Google it, not knowing 100% of the correct answer. I see the inevitable of my passing and hope when she's or my children are in a bind to Google the question. Of course other options is this site and friends.
billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 12:34 AM   #6
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog.upload View Post

While the way billybob's message could potentially come across as condescending, he was definitely correct in saying that the information could be found in the owner's manual.

However, as you mentioned, ClubCrosstrek is a place for all to learn, regardless of skill level or if they've attempted to look it up in the owner's manual. I encourage members to search through the forums for a similar topic before starting a new thread. The forum search engine isn't the best, so I would recommend using a search engine to search within ClubCrosstrek.com

There is no need for any personal insults, analog.upload.

And billybob, although I do appreciate your willingness to help other members, I urge you to at least reduce the traits of your posts that some would interpret as condescending. That picture attached, for example, was not necessary at all.
AWDfreak is offline   Reply With Quote