Radio/Nav volume issues - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 07-17-2019, 08:37 PM   #1

My Vehicle: 2018 Crosstrek Limited
Default Radio/Nav volume issues

every once in awhile when I try to adjust the volume of the radio, it adjusts the Nav volume instead. The only way I have been able to stop it is to actually turn off the ignition and open the car door, thus turning off the radio. I know that if the Nav is speaking and I adjust the volume, it changes as it should. This is happening when the Nav is not speaking. anyone else have this issue? I am driving a 2018 Limited

smfoley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2019, 09:35 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 05 big turbo STi - 18 ADF lifted Crosstrek

Mine has froze up on my I think twice in the last two years like that.

Have you checked to see if there is a software update for the stereo?

My issues went away after the last update was done on mine.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:53 PM   #3

I also had this problem occasionally. Though mine doesn't have the nav software, it was happening when I had my phone plugged in for Android Auto. I recently got a software update over WiFi, and can't recall having this happen since.

For an easier reset than turning off the ignition and opening the door, you can press and hold the volume/power dial for 10-15 seconds and the HU will restart. You will see the button lights go off and come back on when you have held it long enough. Hope this helps!
jpyeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2019, 03:02 PM   #4

jpyeck, thanks for the info. I will try this. I have turned the head unit off before, but I never held it in for 10 - 15 seconds. I just pushed it and released it for a few seconds.....it happens to me a lot more often recently. I did get the latest SW upgrade I think. I basically turned the wifi in the car on and connected to my home wifi. After a few the head unit posted a message saying SW up to date. After that it the volume issue continued to happen
Old 08-08-2019, 03:50 PM   #5

I leave the WiFi on and see that "SW up to date" every time I pull in the driveway. The actual update took a few minutes, requires you to stay in park, and there were progress bars on the display. So if you haven't seen that level of activity, you probably still have the same SW version. I'm not sure how those roll out.
jpyeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:53 PM   #6

Thanks for that info. I will check it out when I get home tonight. I know there is a check for updates thing in the system so I will try to click that and see what happens