Remote Start Entry Procedure - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 01-31-2019, 12:15 AM   #1

My Vehicle: 2018 Crosstrek Ltd.
Default Remote Start Entry Procedure

I have a dealership installed Subaru remote starter on my Ď18 Crosstrek. I like to start the car as I'm getting my coat on in the morning or as Iím walking towards it in the parking lot. Sometimes I get in and it shuts down.
Do you have to unlock the door with the fob or should the system recognize you as you approach? (When I donít use the remote start, the locks detect the key in my pocket and unlock the door.)

KismetSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2019, 02:26 PM   #2

As far as I know, the Subaru remote start system automatically shuts the car off if you open any door, trunk included. It will also not start if you attempt to use the remote start with a door, trunk, or hood open.

I love having the remote start but I much prefer systems that keep running unless you press the brake without inserting the key.
ayloew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 01:50 AM   #3

My Vehicle: 2018 Crosstrek Ltd.

So, tonight I made a conscious effort. I started the car as I walked across the parking lot at -10C so it would warm up about a minute. When I got to it I unlocked the hatch with the fob and dropped my stuff. I then unlocked the driver's door, again using the fob, and the car didn’t shut off.
I suspect the anti-theft feature of the remote start isn’t integrated with the auto-recognition feature of the door lock. If you get in without “manually” unlocking the car, it thinks you’re stealing it.
Now, I wil try this again when it warms up to see if temperature has any impact.
KismetSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2019, 04:54 PM   #4

My Vehicle: 2019 Crosstrek Limited -Orange

Hi....I have the APP on my phone, called MySubaru, instead of the dealer installed remote. Mine shuts off after 10 mins. SO ANNOYING. Even if you hit the keyfob to unlock the doors, or even if you open the bloody door and sit in the car....unless you hit the start button, that flipping car will shut down in 10 minutes!!! So ridiculous. In the Winter I like to let it warm up in the morning for at least 15-20 mins. (Not for the car's sake. I just like it to be very warm inside.) Plus my 2019 SUCKS compared to my 2015 when it comes to the heating/warming up...you name it.

The Winter package of the 2019 for the rear defogger/windshield wipers/heated mirrors absolutely SUCKS!! My 2015 & 2011 Subarus? Within minutes the windows and mirrors were clear. This car is a joke for this! The mirrors may as well not do anything!!! AUGHH!!! They got so much right with the 2018-2019 re-design, but got so much wrong too.
keithwceb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:11 PM   #5

I've had remote starters in the past that auto-off after 15 minutes... but 10 is a definitely short.

I'm none too thrilled with how long it takes for my 2016 to get warm inside and defrost the mirrors/rear glass... Didn't realize it could get worse!
ayloew is offline   Reply With Quote