Remote start troubleshooting help - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 11-10-2017, 08:14 PM   #1

Default Remote start troubleshooting help

I just installed a genuine H001SFJ601 remote start into my mothers 2014 Crosstrek. It has very simple instructions.
https://subaru.oemdtc.com/AccessoryI...H001SFJ601.pdf

We bring it to the subaru dealer to get programmed with their DST-i SSM SSMIII computer. They come back saying they can't get it to work. That they need to do additional troubleshooting which may cost up to $800.

They are blaming it on the vehicle being a salvage title (I rebuilt the car, I know nothing is damaged). And they said it's a aftermarket remote starter. We disputed saying it's a factory, then they go on about how the aftermarket radio is messing with it.

Anyway here is what we get. You press the remote start button. The lights flash once, horn honks, and remote flashes green 3 times, but the car doesn't crank.

What are we missing? Something stupid? I've never used a factory remote. The dealer seems clueless, they first said they can't program a module like this.

n-mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2017, 10:48 PM   #2

Ok I called the dealer who did the install. Turns out they couldn't even get there SSM III module to communicate with the car. Meaning the module wasn't programmed as a key.

The only thing I can think of interfering with this would be my maestroRR is connected to CanH and CanL. Would that be interfering?
n-mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:21 AM   #3
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by n-mod View Post
Ok I called the dealer who did the install. Turns out they couldn't even get there SSM III module to communicate with the car. Meaning the module wasn't programmed as a key.

The only thing I can think of interfering with this would be my maestroRR is connected to CanH and CanL. Would that be interfering?
I would believe it may indeed be interfering. You may want to investigate further and tell the dealer about it.