Spring Cleaning 2 Lexol leather care products - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 06-08-2018, 06:48 PM   #1

Default Spring Cleaning 2 Lexol leather care products

Hi well my leather wasn’t exactly old but I decided to try a cleaning cycle. I got the Lexol leather cleaner and the leather neatsfoot oil moisturizer.
I had heard that you’re supposed to over lap the cleaning and mosturization process so the dampness draws the new oils in.

On a damp clean micro fibre cloth I placed a silver dolar sized blob.
That single damp cloth cleaned all the leather and mock leather in the car of dust, coffee or pop spray etc.
I could have stopped there as the ph neutral product left everything perfect.
But I decided to try to condition the seats too. The moistened cloth got a similar blob and went on to condition all seats steering wheel etc.
In a hot sunny car it dried almost immediately with a slight mat finish but mostly invisible. The difference being I know my seats are protected.
Both priducts worked equally well on fake leather rubber and plastic surfaces including seals.

Subaruplatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2018, 05:51 AM   #2
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

I never considered that the leather automotive care products would also benefit synthetic/fake leather.

I've had very little experience with leather interiors, so I always assumed that synthetic/fake leather would be more resilient than real leather.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:05 PM   #3

Yep the Lexol neatsfoot oil dries without evidence to a mat finish and suits the pho leather and yes the cleaner worked well to clean those surfaces.

The salt took about two hours to remove and about a week to ventilate the vinigar smell.
But every thing looks great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2019, 12:48 AM   #4

I did my seats again with the lexol leather cleaner followed by the beats foot moisture and Terrific all over again. Just a note not to kneel on your seats as you end up with a stretch mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 77454A8B-0CA6-4261-97AE-7D25FC5BD6A2.jpg (166.1 KB, 9 views)