Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

Another Winter Wheels Thread - Rim Size, TPMS

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Subaruplatt 
#1 ·
As my 2019 Crosstrek Limited is new and it's now October, it's time to start planning for some winter wheels and tires. The 2019 Limited has 18"x7" rims. The 2019 Premium has 17"x7". I'm not sure if the offset is 55mm or 45mm. So a three-part question:

1) Which rim size is recommended for the winter (snow, ice)? 17"? Will a 16" work? Ideal width?

2) How much variance in the offset will work without causing any interference? Most of the aftermarket wheels seem to range from 38mm to 45mm offset.

3) Which TPMS sensors? Schrader 20602?

Thanks!​

#2 ·
I ended up picking up some stock take-off wheels that I found on Craigslist for pretty cheap. They ended up being exactly the same as my stock wheels.

I haven't gotten any tires for them yet but I was just going to pick up some tires in the exact same factory size (that I can't remember off the top of my head). Maybe even going with studded tires since we can do that here.

By going with factory take-offs and factory size tires, I know they will bolt right up without issue. And I saved some money over buying aftermarket wheels.

I haven't figured out TPMS sensors yet though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.