Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

tpms sensors for 2nd set of wheels 2018-19

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  RAYJAY 
#1 ·
Hi all need a 2nd set of tpms sensors for my snows. what sensors is every one using?

thanks Jeff

#2 ·
TPMS Sensors

I got mine at either tirerack.com or on Amazon. Can't remember. Just remember that each time you swap out the wheels you have to get the car to learn them all over again which requires a trip to the tire shop. Costco is usually good about reprogramming my car for me. Done it twice now, but since I bought the tires from them I think it is something they should do for me!

#3 ·
I don't run 'em. Of course tire stores will have a heart attack & say it's against the law etc. etc. I do my own. Light comes on but I ignore it. Smart enough to check the pressure regularly. When spring comes around and the TPMS wheels go back on, the system re-sets and all is good.

#4 ·
433MHZ TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR from Tire rack work well.

I actually put my Blizzaks on my factory 18" rims and put new Cross Climates+ on new Method 17" rims with the new TPMS sensors.

I bought the AUTEL MAXITPMS TS508 TPMS TOOL also so that I can swap and rotate my own tires. I put a lot of miles so it was worth it.

#5 ·
going to do the same putting the blizzaks on my factory wheels ( really do not like the style but they will work for snows) and doing 18 inch Black Rhino Boxer in gold for my everyday rims, do a lot of highway driving and don't want to waste the factory tires, so mounting them on the rhinos,

did find the tpms sensors on amazon cheaper, and the AUTEL MAXITPMS TS508 TPMS TOOL cheaper also

dealer was no help they even deal with tire rack and have to program them every switch

with the 508 and the autel sensors i should be able to clone them by the looks of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.