2" Anderson Lift Kit - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 04-17-2017, 09:52 PM   #1

Default 2" Anderson Lift Kit

Just picked up my 2017 x-trek from the dealer with the 2" Anderson lift kit installed. They also mounted Yokohama Geolander A/T Go15 235/60R16 tires on 16x7 Matte Graphite Silver Sparco Assetto Gara wheels.

I picked the wheels because they have the same off set (48mm) as the OEM wheels and picked the wheels to keep the weight down.

I want a good set up for the beach here in NC so the 235/60/16 is a bit wider while keeping the overall diameter at 27.1 close to OEM at 26.7

Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2017, 10:27 PM   #2
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Wow, love the set up. I didn't realize that the new Yokohama Geolandar G015 A/T had a tire size available that's close to the stock tire size's diameter.

I look forward to what your impressions are on its performance on pavement as well as, if you already drive briskly, spirited handling maneuvers.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:32 AM   #3

My Vehicle: 16 Crosstrek

Great Dennis, you're the best!!! Perfect. Love the set up. This will do really good on the sand. So my +42 concept should work well.

Oh BTW, I was thinking of getting a 17 (not a real fan of the 18's after driving the "even softer" Impreza). If one wants a 17, my dealer says to order (which I do) soon. They are have stopped ordering WRX's. Foresters next week and probably Crosstreks in a "few" weeks.

Again thanks Dennis. Getting the GO15's to go along with my KO2's (I'm out of control!!!).
JMft is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2017, 12:18 AM   #4

So far after a few days driving both country two lane black top and around town it handles better than expected. Really no appreciable difference in handling. Hit the curves a little harder than normal (45mph speed limit at 60mph) and was pleased at how well it kept planted - the wider tires may help there actually. No excessive road noise like in my brother-in-law's Wrangler with the giant knobby tires. I will be taking it on a road trip NC to NY via back roads NC and VA then interstate so we will see how that goes. Then finally the beach which will be the real test and maybe in late summer early fall NC mountains and some off pavement trails.

So far - very happy with the set-up
Old 04-30-2017, 05:37 PM   #5

Back from a long trip from NC to NY. Got to drive under various conditions - country twisting two lane blacktop, Interstate, city and town in wet and dry even in a torrential down pour. Bottom line - the car handles great. I actually think the slightly wider tires, 235 vs 225 enhance handling. My concern was that lifting the center of gravity 2" would have a negative impact in turns but true the the claims it does not. The car felt solid and planted both on the back roads as well on wet pavement a speed on the Interstate.

Although not related to the wheel/tire/lift I was also pleased that the car which was fully loaded (two adults and luggage) had no problems getting up the steep mountains along the way - this car seems to have plenty of low end torque for both passing on the Interstate and climbing long steep inclines in the mountains.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:55 PM   #6
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Thanks for the feedback, Dennis. Sounds like the same kind of performance I felt with the old Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S in 215/60R17.

For a 16" wheel, it seems Yokohama makes two tire sizes close to stock with the Geoloandar G015 A/T.

There's the 235/60R16 you have, and then there's the 215/65R16 for those who want a tire even closer to stock size in terms of width. I think I'd go with the 215/65R16 for a dedicated off-road wheel and tire set since I do not intend to lift my Subaru XV.