DIY Lift Kit - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 12-16-2015, 07:39 AM   #1
Site Team

Default DIY Lift Kit

Yup, this is going to happen. My brother and I will be making a minimum 2" lift kit, including trailing arm spacers to keep rear wheels in alignment.

Reason I say 'minimum' is because I'm going to see if there's any way I can squeeze A
an extra inch, or even half inch out of the stock steering components without over stressing them. But a 3" lift would be effing SHWEET!! We'll see. We're going to start making the template soon, but I doubt we'll get her done soon we'll probably finish up the bumper first, which we haven't even started.

But I'm going to try to pick up some spare strut hats to make the templates to get some plates made. Then it's just pulling off the struts and playing around with different heights. I'll keep you all updated.

As always, open to questions, comments, criticisms, or suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RallyeBourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2015, 05:09 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2019 Limited/EyeSight

Sounds interesting. I'd be interested in something like that. Please do keep us updated. I see you're in San Diego. I'm in Canada.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:53 PM   #3
Site Team

I am going to order the the strut hat later today. Before I do, I'm going to see if my local junk yard has any. They have a "primo" yard, as they call it, which houses 2006 (i think) and newer vehicles that have been totaled. worth a shot. I doubt they'll have a Crosstrek, but they may have an Impreza.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2015, 12:13 AM   #4
Site Team

Picked up a strut hat from RockAuto for $37.xx plus shipping. I'm hoping to get it next week because both my brother and I have Christmas Eve off, and can work on it. His neighbor just bought a lathe, so we're going to pay him a six pack to cut us a few plates for the front. (He's already agreed to this).

While he's doing that, we'll work on piecing together a front brush guard. But that's for the other thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk