lifting and skid plates UPDATED****** - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 01-08-2013, 05:10 AM   #1

Default lifting and skid plates UPDATED******

Anyone planing in the future of lifting there xv like out backs, and or upgrade the skid plates?

I talked to primative and this is the status for skids and lifts

We do have 1/8" and 3/16" front skidplates, and 3/16" rear diff cover now available (but sold out for 2 weeks on the fronts)We will have the Rock Sliders (bolt on, est $399/pr, April timeframe for production units, earlier for special order)We will have a new generation CVT skidplate (~April -May timeframe)We now have LIFT SPACER kits: 1/4" EZ-Lift (requires no hardware, super simple install) 1/2"; 3/4"; 1 1/4"; 1 1/2"King RAISING Springs shortly (within the week)PRSS Primitive Rear Subframe Spacers, for adjusting rear camber and re-centering rear wheel on LIFTED XV's in stock.3/16" Crosstrek XV Front Skdiplate $2451/8" Crosstrek XV Front Skdiplate $2153/16" Crosstrek XVRear DiffSkdiplate $1093/16" FBA Front and Rear $321 combo.

Rmaligie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 05:25 AM   #2

My Vehicle: Crosstrek XV Limited, Orange
Default Re: lifting and skid plates

I may do it in the future, if it can be done on the cheap. My biggest concern for offroading is the arrival an departure angles currently, the bumpers seem kinda flimsy to me to be honest, I can see them getting damaged/ripped off easily...
Poego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:43 AM   #3

Yeah same mabe a company will make at least a front bumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #4
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

There are a few companies out there that make lift kits for Subarus. Subtle Solutions make a decent kit.

Also, there are overload/lift heavy-duty springs available from spring manufacturers such as Pedders Suspension and King Springs. The overload/lift springs are often combined with KYB struts for an optimal upgrade for on or off-road use.

As for skid plates, the only two I know are Primitive Racing and RallyArmor.

As for if/when I get an XV, I'll be TEMPTED to get a lift kit, but I KNOW I'm going to get skid plates, a rear differential plate, amongst other underbody protection modifications.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #5

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX

Subtle Solutions, as AWDfreak said, is supposed to be a good kit. It is basically just a 1" (I think) metal spacer that sits between the car body and spring to give you a lift -- at least that's what I understand.

When I had my old Outback Sport I was very tempted to do the Subtle Solutions lift since it is cheap and the OBS sits low. With the Crosstrek I don't have any plans on doing it since, for my current needs, 8.7" is enough. But, who knows, I may catch the bug for a lift soon enough. A skid plate I would definitely be interested in. The plastic piece under there now is pretty flimsy.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:14 AM   #6

Default Re: lifting and skid plates UPDATED******

Yeah I am going to first get the diff skid in april. Then who knows
Old 02-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #7

My Vehicle: '13 XV Limited Khaki, 06 Outback 2.5i 5MT Atlantic Blue
Default Re: lifting and skid plates UPDATED******

Have you guys seen the factory skid plates? We don't get them here in the states but they do have them in Australia.
gravitylover is offline   Reply With Quote