Megan racing strut tower bar installed. - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 06-16-2017, 04:02 AM   #1

My Vehicle: 2008 specb and 2016 crosstrek limited
Default Megan racing strut tower bar installed.

Installed this beauty ha ha . I just wanted to see if a 70.00 be makes any difference. I would say yea it does. It feels better in initial turn in now while that is good when you want it. It does transmit a little more road feel and I think noise into my crosstrek. But I would do it again no problem.

Here are a few pictures fit great. No hitting as far as I can tell and I don't hear any rubbing?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0859.jpg (154.6 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0858.jpg (167.6 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0862.jpg (115.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0854.jpg (98.7 KB, 37 views)

Boxerfxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2017, 09:03 AM   #2
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

The way that's bent makes it appear to be compatible with other 4th generation compact Subaru vehicles and most especially to make room for a top-mounted intercooler. I'm assuming this is compatible with the VA-chassis WRX/WRX STI, SJ-chassis Forester, and GJ and GP chassis Impreza?
Old 06-16-2017, 02:45 PM   #3

My Vehicle: 2008 specb and 2016 crosstrek limited

Here is the part number sorry guys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0863.jpg (142.4 KB, 30 views)
Boxerfxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2017, 06:13 PM   #4
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Interesting, it's the previous, 3rd generation compacts that it shares in common with the Subaru XV.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:08 AM   #5

My Vehicle: 2018 Limited

Interesting that it may transmit additional road noise into the cabin. Reducing front end body flex and improved steering response i get. Is it possible you just experience a little more vibration ? Time to put a rear one in now..
Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:57 PM   #6

I just bought one too, Install this weekend....
I am picking up the new crush camber bolts for the brace today.
CRSS REK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 05:01 PM   #7

My Vehicle: 18 Crosstrek
Default Are the two attachment brackets included?

I noticed that there are two attached brackets on the top of the suspension towers. Are they included with the strut tower bar? Are the nuts and bolts included when you purchased the bar?

Do you also notice the increased road noise?
Is your Crosstrek more stable at highway speeds and in crosswinds?
echristo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 03:05 AM   #8

Is this the one that costs around $80.00? I asked at the dealership today, while getting an oil filter. The Subaru one was almost $400.00. No way I am paying that. I googled, and saw this brand. Anyone have any knowledge of any difference between the two? Are you seeing a difference in ride, and are you using different bolts to install? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Butch Coolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 03:54 AM   #9

My Vehicle: 16 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited, Hatch, Crystal White

Quote:
Originally Posted by echristo0 View Post
I noticed that there are two attached brackets on the top of the suspension towers. Are they included with the strut tower bar? Are the nuts and bolts included when you purchased the bar?

Do you also notice the increased road noise?
Is your Crosstrek more stable at highway speeds and in crosswinds?
The bar comes with everything you'll need to install it. When installing it you remove the 3 top strut tower bolts on each side, slide the each bracket over the screws and bolt it back on. Easy as can be and can be done with hand tools.

The brace will increase body roll for turning purposes only. i don't really understand how he possibly has any road noise at all considering it's not enough of an upgrade to effect the noise unless he didn't tighten any of the bolts all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch Coolidge View Post
Is this the one that costs around $80.00? I asked at the dealership today, while getting an oil filter. The Subaru one was almost $400.00. No way I am paying that. I googled, and saw this brand. Anyone have any knowledge of any difference between the two? Are you seeing a difference in ride, and are you using different bolts to install? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes it the's same one. the dealership marks all their parts up because of the materials they use and the branding they attach to the part. most dealerships think if it says STi on the part it's now worth triple what it would if it didn't say STi. I've bought several of these style strut tower braces for all of my cars and I've never spent more than $100. The $80 part will work just as well as the $400 one from subaru.

You won't need any different bolts. all you do as i previously explained is unbolt the 3 bolts on top of the strut tower inside the engine bay, slide the strut brace into place (it might take some wiggling and finagling). once the brace is sitting flat on each strut tower put the bolts back on and tighten all the way down. boom done.