Parking brake drum setup? - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 12-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #1
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT
Default Parking brake drum setup?

I'm curious as to what the XV's parking brake drum setup is. As far as I know, the XV (GP chassis) has the same rear brakes as the regular Impreza (GJ/GP chassis).

I'm doing research on brake swaps (i.e. Brembo OEM 4-pot/2-pot, Subaru/FHI 4-pot/2-pot) and have found that there is a Brembo brake kit that was designed for the USDM WRX with the 5 x 100 bolt pattern (what appears to be a slightly different MY2004 WRX STi brake setup w/ different parking brake drum diameter).

Will WRX brake upgrade kits (pre MY2015, all USDM WRX models with 5 x 100 bolt pattern for front brakes, all [GE/GH/GR/GV] chassis USDM WRX's for rear brakes) fit the Subaru XV [GP] and Impreza [GJ/GP], ESPECIALLY the rear???

I would greatly appreciate if information such as cross-referenced part numbers, drum diameters, etc. could be shared and confirm fitment of the OEM Brembo kits such as the ones shown here:
http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Brem...-WRX-2002-2011
http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Brem...Rear-Brake-Kit

Advertisement

Old 12-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #2

My Vehicle: MY15 Forester 2.5i S (White) & MY12 Subaru XV 2.0i L (Black)
Default Re: Parking brake drum setup?

No XV gets bigger brakes then a regular Impreza
The XV gets Forester Brakes
Old 12-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT
Default Re: Parking brake drum setup?

The XV does actually get bigger brakes than the regular GJ/GP chassis Impreza in US specification. It does, however, indeed use the same brakes as the SJ chassis FB-engined Forester.

proof that the XV has larger front brakes than the regular Impreza (in fact, same front brakes as the GE/GH/GR/GV chassis WRX)
http://clubcrosstrek.com/index.php/t...9.html#msg6249

brake rotor diameter comparison (in inches), United States specifications

Impreza WRX (3rd gen GE/GH/GR/GV) and Outback/Legacy 2.5i (BM/BR)
F 11.6 V 2P FL
R 11.3 FL

XV Crosstrek (GP) and Forester 2.5i (SJ)
F 11.6 V 2P FL
R 10.8 FL

Impreza (GJ/GP)
F 10.9 V 2P FL
R 10.8 FL

What I'm asking for is if the stock rear parking drum setup (within the rear disc brake rotors) between a GE/GH/GR/GV chassis WRX, GJ/GP chassis Impreza, and/or GP chassis XV are the same and/or compatible.

Because if the rear parking drum setup for the GJ/GP chassis vehicles are compatible with the GE/GH/GR/GV chassis WRX
that means retrofit/upgrade brake kits for the GE/GH/GR/GV chassis WRX will be very much compatible with the GJ/GP chassis Impreza, and most especially, the GP chassis XV.