Suspension/CV creaking? - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 07-29-2014, 03:48 AM   #1

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek "Premium" 5MT
Default Suspension/CV creaking?

I've noticed that ever since I drove my XV off the lot, the back left tire makes a strange creaking sound every time I get in or out of the car. I figured it might just be the suspension loosening up, but even after my rugged trip in the desert, it still makes that creaking sound. I'm not sure where it's coming from. It may be from the suspension or one of the CV joints, but it's really starting to worry me. I thought I'd post here to see if anyone else has this "problem" before I go to the dealership.

StormTrooperTrekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2014, 11:38 AM   #2

Default Re: Suspension/CV creaking?

No problems like that here..I would bring it in

Doesnt sound like a big deal but might as well have them fix the problem instead of trying to figure it out yourself
SubieXVdgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:01 AM   #3

Sounds like a good idea. I hope there wasn't something wrong with the car that might have happened during shipping. It also seems like the alignment has been off ever since I drove it off the lot. I've never owned a Subaru before, or an AWD car, so I'm not sure if the alignment is bad or it's just the front diff pulling to the right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2014, 01:14 AM   #4

def shouldnt pull..check tire pressure though..that can have a huge affect!
Old 07-30-2014, 07:07 AM   #5

My Vehicle: XV Tangerine, 2013

Mine has pulled to the right from day one.
They finally got it close to neutral about a yr. ago then
when had it in for new steering wheel (peeling) it came back
pulling right again. It's been in 3 times for the problem and I think
today they got it right, so to speak.

Setting it to factory specs doesn't work.
orpip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:20 PM   #6

being a tech that really doesnt make much sense..esp since mine has never done that and i have not talked to anyone who has had that problem besides you two lol

there has to be a reason..a fixable reason..that the vehicle is pulling to the right

i mean the road does crown to the right so its normal for a SLIGHT bit of guiding right..but i wouldnt say its a PULL or even that you would have to correct it

id say bring it to a different dealer if they cant "find the problem"..thats usually what we say when the master/lead tech of the dealership cant find the issue and SOA doesnt have a cure yet..always worth trying different techs at another dealer
Old 07-30-2014, 04:21 PM   #7

My Vehicle: XV Crosstrek CVT Limited w/ Nav+Moonroof

No creaking or squeaking here. I did however have the right "pull" when driving. It was a constant pull and I always had to keep a constant left turn pressure. On my last oil change I asked them to check it out and the tech confirmed and fixed it. Only thing in the notes is "Vehicle tracks right on level road. After rotation, tire pressure check, and alignment vehicle now tracks straight on level road."

I can take my hands off the wheel in a parking lot now and it drives straight where before it would drift right.

Turkeytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:42 AM   #8

I haven't had time to take it into the dealership, but I'm hoping to do it tomorrow or Friday. I went to America's Tire and they did a free air check/refill to spec. It still pulls. I know the road crowns, but even driving closest to the center causes it to pull. I need to correct or constantly keep left turn pressure. I'm afraid that if I take it in after a month of ownership, they'll say it's my fault for misalignment.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:47 PM   #9

Theres still a warranty on it..no issues should be your problem or concern..bring it to them, tell them the problem andtell them to fix it..

It shouldnt happen under any driving conditions the vehicle was made for..they WILL fix it without questions asked..
Old 08-01-2014, 08:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieXVdgm
Theres still a warranty on it..no issues should be your problem or concern..bring it to them, tell them the problem andtell them to fix it..

It shouldnt happen under any driving conditions the vehicle was made for..they WILL fix it without questions asked..
Hopefully the muffler delete won't give them a reason to void the warranty. That happened to my Silverado's electrical system warranty; they voided it due to an aftermarket head unit.