Front Door Rattle - DashBoard noise - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 05-10-2015, 02:16 AM   #1

Default Front Door Rattle - DashBoard noise

Since 6 months I have handling this frustrating issue.
Went to 2 different dealer twice, but not resolution. Before I went to the 2nd dealer I informed Subaru customer service centre about.

Door Rattle:
1) It is similar to glass vibrating noise ( or something metal or plastic play causing noise while vibration)
2) Happens at any speeds.
3) I think its a "clip" which holds the striker plate clamp when we close the door, is not supporting the door closing in a perfect way.

DashBoard Rattle
1) Could be because of trip meter needle, that comes out from the dashboard, (trip meter needle A and need B).
2) Could be from car wipers.
3) Happens while it goes over a bump.

At this point I don't know what to do. I am tired handling this issue since 6 months.

Any help on what to do will be helpful.
Thanks.

Problem Rattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2015, 05:54 AM   #2

My Vehicle: Subaru Crosstrek 2013 Orange, Toyota Tacoma 2005

Can you put your finger on the trip meter needle when you hit a pothole to see if it stops the rattle? I had a dash rattle and had taken it in twice, they couldn't repeat the rattle. I later discover when the temperature was below 70 degrees. I could grab hold of the dash in a certain area and repeat the noise. I showed them this and they were able reproduce it and fix it. If you can repeat the noise, like driving over a 2 by 4, then it'll help them in locating that particular rattle. It's hard to go in and talk to a service advisor, who writes the information down. Then gives it to a mechanic to figure out what and where the rattle is. The Mechanics are human too just like us, if you can give as much detail information as possible it'll help them. Ask to talk to the Service Manger to see if they can have maybe someone else to look at it. If you're still not satisfied, email Subaru Customer Care Dept.. Hold on to your receipts, the last option would be to check your state lemon law as far as your legal rights.
billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 01:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob View Post
Can you put your finger on the trip meter needle when you hit a pothole to see if it stops the rattle? I had a dash rattle and had taken it in twice, they couldn't repeat the rattle. I later discover when the temperature was below 70 degrees. I could grab hold of the dash in a certain area and repeat the noise. I showed them this and they were able reproduce it and fix it. If you can repeat the noise, like driving over a 2 by 4, then it'll help them in locating that particular rattle. It's hard to go in and talk to a service advisor, who writes the information down. Then gives it to a mechanic to figure out what and where the rattle is. The Mechanics are human too just like us, if you can give as much detail information as possible it'll help them. Ask to talk to the Service Manger to see if they can have maybe someone else to look at it. If you're still not satisfied, email Subaru Customer Care Dept.. Hold on to your receipts, the last option would be to check your state lemon law as far as your legal rights.
Unfortunately, I would not be able to use both my hands for trip meter needle A and B.
So, I tried using a transparent tape, which I found little bit difficult to adjust in that small area.

Any better adhesive or a thing which is simple to apply and easy to take it off?
Problem Rattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2015, 07:01 PM   #4

My Vehicle: Subaru Crosstrek 2013 Orange, Toyota Tacoma 2005

One hand on the wheel the other on one of the stems to see if it stops rattling. I would not use any type of adhesive at this time. You need to play around with it, to see which item stops rattling in order to get the Subaru Mechanic to fix it or replace it. Strips of rubber tubing, strips of an old tee shirt, or towel and duck tape would help. Once you narrow it down let the Mechanic make the final fix. This stuff gets reported back to the Manufacture and if there's enough car with this issue they'll make a correction in the assembly line. Saturday Mechanic: Hushing Interior Squeaks And Rattles
billybob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crosstrek, dashboard, dealers, front door, rattle