New Forum Topic Suggestion. - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 08-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #1

My Vehicle: 13 Crosstrek Premium CVT DGM
Default New Forum Topic Suggestion.

Just throwing this out for discussion.

I think our community could benefit from a new Forum Topic called:

ClubCrosstek In(S)tall University.

We have many club members who have taken the time to photo document DIY mods for our XV. Many also including step-by-step instructions. Rather than having to search all the threads on the site and weed thu the thread results to find the one that works the best..... it might be nice to have the best descriptions in one spot.

I think It would be a nice resource.

We have write ups on the following (the one I can think of anyway) I know there are more:

Torklift Install
Kicker Speaker Upgrade
Sport Grille Install
Rear Spoiler Install
Bug Deflector Install
Interior LED Light swap
Roof Rack Install
How to Plasti-dip your wife or anything XV related!

Just saying

Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2013 XV - Tangerine dream
Default Re: New Forum Topic Suggestion.

I vote we call it: ClubCrosstek Install University, it just sounds better.

:P
Old 08-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthereyouare
I vote we call it: ClubCrosstek Install University, it just sounds better.

:P
Teacher always said: poof reed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #4

My Vehicle: 2013 XV - Tangerine dream

I like your suggestion. It would be much easier to find documented how-to's.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthereyouare
I like your suggestion. It would be much easier to find documented how-to's.
Specially for the Newbies who crave the guidance of the more experienced ones!! . 8)

Attached Images
File Type: gif hidding.gif (7.9 KB, 90 views)
Old 08-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #6

My Vehicle: 2008 Forester XS 4EAT

How about the tried and true DIY - How To's Anybody using Google search's outside the forum ('cause the regular search, sucks, I can't even find a thread with the exact same title!) wouldn't be using search terms like 'ClubCrosstek Install University'. Besides it shouldn't be about just installs as the title suggests.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by good
How about the tried and true DIY - How To's Anybody using Google search's outside the forum ('cause the regular search, sucks, I can't even find a thread with the exact same title!) wouldn't be using search terms like 'ClubCrosstek Install University'. Besides it shouldn't be about just installs as the title suggests.
Under my plan you would not need to use the search function. Just go to the HOW-TO forum and scroll down the list of posts till you find your How-To.

To keep it uncluttered Disable the "New topic" feature (Let the mods control the Postings of the New How-To's. But people could comment on the individual posts like we are doing in this thread.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:33 PM   #8

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX

I like this idea and we have thought about it, but that was back before we had enough DIY's to make it worth it. Now I think is a great time to implement it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut
Quote:
Originally Posted by good
Under my plan you would not need to use the search function. Just go to the HOW-TO forum and scroll down the list of posts till you find your How-To.

To keep it uncluttered Disable the "New topic" feature (Let the mods control the Postings of the New How-To's. But people could comment on the individual posts like we are doing in this thread.

I think what he means is that, for non-members (unaware of Club Crosstrek) who are doing generalized Google searches, it would a lot easier for them to find the forum thread if it was labeled something more generic like Crosstrek DIY's and How-To's.

I think the best way to go about this is create the forum category and only allow mods to post new threads in it. However, it would just be an organized link farm that would lead you to the original thread where you can comment. This way, it would still make it easy to find how-to's while still allowing people to post in the proper forum section. What I mean is, if you have DIY instructions on how to install the Kicker speaker upgrade, you would still post it to Interior Appearance/Mods >> Audio/Navigation/In-Dash Displays, then either Thelosis or myself would come along and link to it on the main DIY page.

In fact, on second thought, I think the best way to keep it organized is to just build a page of the site with DIY links instead of a forum category.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCrosstrek
I like this idea and we have thought about it, but that was back before we had enough DIY's to make it worth it. Now I think is a great time to implement it.

In fact, on second thought, I think the best way to keep it organized is to just build a page of the site with DIY links instead of a forum category.
I agree! Much cleaner and less hassle for you. I like it and so does Mikey!
Old 08-28-2013, 01:21 AM   #10

My Vehicle: 2013 Crosstrek Limited, Satin White Pearl

I think it's a good idea too. A few months back, admin added the "bookmarks" feature. That worked well... For a while. Now I have tons if those to go through and it's still growing... Plus any double bookmarkings because its same-topic but different threads. Not to mention having to post the same topic on two different. XV forums, and bookmarking all those too.

The great thing here is, CCT is growing! But perhaps We need a DIY Installs page that has an alphabetical index or something maybe.