NEK and Beyond - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 09-10-2014, 03:02 PM   #1

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru 2.0i XV Crosstrek Premium in Tangerine Pearl
Default NEK and Beyond

Greetings from the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont (or the NEK). http://clubcrosstrek.com/index.php/t....html#msg26707

I am interested in wheeling with folks in the northern latitudes of VT, NH, ME and maybe NY? While I am very remote in the 0857 I am willing to travel for some off-road adventures.

I recently drove down to the southern part of VT for an extended weekend of back country mountain travel and camping in my new Orange XV. It's fun to see other XVs on the road but seeing another Orangie is really exciting and we have been waving like maniacs to other Orange XVs as they pass. Hard to miss a bright orange Subaru...

At any rate. We'll see you out there and hit me up if there's a rally or wheeling event and even just a camping/hiking event.

-Steve

Old 09-12-2014, 02:40 AM   #2

My Vehicle: 2014 XV Crosstrek Limited. Black
Default Re: NEK and Beyond

I'm in southern MA but get up to Burlington, VT to visit my brother on occasion. Any recommendations on fun places to explore up there?
Thanks
patrickowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 04:50 PM   #3

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru 2.0i XV Crosstrek Premium in Tangerine Pearl
Default Re: NEK and Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickowens
I'm in southern MA but get up to Burlington, VT to visit my brother on occasion. Any recommendations on fun places to explore up there?
Thanks
Awesome. I live in the NE of VT which is about an hour and 40 minutes away from Burlington. There are tons of places to go in VT. Vermont considers dirt roads easier to maintain than paved roads. Your best option is to find a Vermont road atlas that lists the class IV roads (logging roads). Be careful not to drive on a snow mobile or ski path though. Those are marked with Blue Diamonds or green squares. There are some cool paved roads too like 58, 100, 7A, and 4.